For Sale Garmin Instinct Tactical GPS smart watch

Over the Bars

For Sale Garmin Instinct Tactical edition in flat dark earth color GPS smart watch bought last year for $350. Asking $190. any questions feel free to ask I upgraded to a fenix 6 pro saphire. This watch has been awesome very light and comfortable and gps is great on rides. Location is warren county by pequest hatchery but I can meet within reason. I frequent stephens, allamuchy north and deer park. PXL_20210109_124219573.jpgPXL_20210109_124207685.jpgPXL_20210109_124130377.jpg

I'm intrigued.

Which app or apps did you use this with?

What prompted you to buy it, what did you get out of it that you didn't have just tracking your route on Strava or Trailforks, for example?

I'm most interested in having something for monitoring my heart rate, so not sure I need anything that any smart watch offers over a "dumb" heart rate monitor... What did you find out useful for?

As far as apps. Garmin connect is the main one you use . It will show all of the data it collects including sleep data, heart rate monitor, stress, steps, miles etc. It will have all your activities that you record in their and you can set it up to link to both trail forks and to strava so you only need to record it on the watch and within a few minutes it send all the info to both of those apps. It is far superior to using the trail forks or strava on your phone as far as accuracy goes. I use to record with both at the same time and the difference was drastic. I also used the garmin explor app and that takes all your saved locations as well as routes you have done and puts them on a topo map I used that app more for hunting than other stuff but it is pretty cool to see all your rides on the map here's a screen shot from mine with some stephens, deer park , and north stuff on it.

It's a smart watch so it will send you all your app notifications tell you you have an incoming call and you can pick it up from the watch or decline it. If you lose your phone you can send a signal to it from the watch and it will start making noise and the camera flash will start strobing. Even if you have the phone on silent the noise will go off which was incredibly helpful a few times. You can use it to control your phone music as well. Just to name a few. Ohh And meets all millitray specs for shock , drop, and fully waterproof to a couple hundred feet. so you don't need to to worry about breaking it!
Screenshot_20210114-153201.png

I'm intrigued.

Which app or apps did you use this with?

What prompted you to buy it, what did you get out of it that you didn't have just tracking your route on Strava or Trailforks, for example?

I'm most interested in having something for monitoring my heart rate, so not sure I need anything that any smart watch offers over a "dumb" heart rate monitor... What did you find out useful for?
Forgot to hit reply to your question but to add to the stuff I put above you can also read emails and text messages and reply to texts with anything that you are load as a typical response as far as heart rate you can access tall or your data from as long as you have owned it and not just real time data

Back
Top Bottom