Follow me map

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey guys, im trying to put a project together and im not sure what is the best way to do it. To sum it quickly.....My grandfather passed away back in Jan. and not too long after that my mother found a TON of his stuff from WWII. Pictures, letters, pins, medals, all kinds of stuff. Doing some further reseach on his unit, I was able to find the "after action report" for his until. It is basiclly a diary of everything they did during their time in Europe. So between his pictures, letters, and this report I have a very detailed database of everywhere he was from 1942-1945. So what I would like to do is make a follow me map and link pictures or post cards to each location. I was thinking it would work well with google earth and picasa, but I have no idea how to put it together.....Any ideas on how to do something like this?

T

tlnj

Hey guys, im trying to put a project together and im not sure what is the best way to do it. To sum it quickly.....My grandfather passed away back in Jan. and not too long after that my mother found a TON of his stuff from WWII. Pictures, letters, pins, medals, all kinds of stuff. Doing some further reseach on his unit, I was able to find the "after action report" for his until. It is basiclly a diary of everything they did during their time in Europe. So between his pictures, letters, and this report I have a very detailed database of everywhere he was from 1942-1945. So what I would like to do is make a follow me map and link pictures or post cards to each location. I was thinking it would work well with google earth and picasa, but I have no idea how to put it together.....Any ideas on how to do something like this?

Go to google maps, sign in to google, and select "my maps." You can then create your own map and pinpoint locations.

Top Bottom