Fishing Thread

Fat Trout

yeah I got tired of fighting salmon from the 17 foot. Found a smokin deal on the big boat and haven't looked back.
Every bit matters. I've cycled through boat sizes twice fishing lake O. Once with father and once on my own.

My father - 14ft, 18ft, 23ft
Me - 13ft, 17ft and now 20ft

I drew the line at the 20'er that I have since I fish solo a lot and its easier on my own. Back when I got the 13'er it was after my father was gone and I was out of trolling for 4 or 5 years. I told myself I was only going to fish for smallmouth near shore. , next thing you know I strapped a downrigger to it and was out as far as 7 miles if it was flat calm. I ended that 13' boat trolling experiment quickly as it could never have ended well. That boat would pitch a little if someone a mile a way took a piss over the side. Quite an interesting ride when you hooked up a Salmon tho.

rick81721

Lothar
Every bit matters. I've cycled through boat sizes twice fishing lake O. Once with father and once on my own.

My father - 14ft, 18ft, 23ft
Me - 13ft, 17ft and now 20ft

I drew the line at the 20'er that I have since I fish solo a lot and its easier on my own. Back when I got the 13'er it was after my father was gone and I was out of trolling for 4 or 5 years. I told myself I was only going to fish for smallmouth near shore. , next thing you know I strapped a downrigger to it and was out as far as 7 miles if it was flat calm. I ended that 13' boat trolling experiment quickly as it could never have ended well. That boat would pitch a little if someone a mile a way took a piss over the side. Quite an interesting ride when you hooked up a Salmon tho.

we had a 19' for a few years until it got wrecked towing it on the GS parkway towards Brigantine. Will get something bigger once we are spending more time here in FL

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
C&R until the 11th, no 5pm restriction on stock day - going to be some isolationing across the street very soon!

Captain Brainstorm

Haven't fished NJ in years, but I may get out and go fish a local wild trout stream tomorrow or Friday. A couple of days of warmer weather turns the bite on. Opening day in NYS also, but water is still too cold up where I fish, nights are still getting into the low 30's, so the bugs haven't really started hatching in mass yet. I give it another 2 weeks before we get a consistent top-water bite up north.

jklett

Hendrickson hatch should start within the next few weeks but my favorite is sulphurs. There's smaller blue quills now but you're right, water's still a little cold for them to be looking up.

Captain Brainstorm

Hendrickson hatch should start within the next few weeks but my favorite is sulphurs. There's smaller blue quills now but you're right, water's still a little cold for them to be looking up.

Friend of mine was fishing the lower D for smallmouth yesterday and saw Hendricksons and Paraleps coming off, but no fish on them. Water up north where I fish is still in the low 40's, it needs to push into the 50's to start seeing consistent Hendos. I'm going to fish some local wild trout water tomorrow and Saturday to see whats popping. Chances are it will be a nymph game.

Last year was the year of the Sulphur for me, it was the dominant hatch up north. Even with giant March Browns and then Iso's on the water, the fish wanted sulphers. I got a couple 20+ inch fish on tiny #16 and 18 CDC emergers.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
found this on the shore of our lake yesterday....I was thinking maybe snakehead but the teeth dont look like what im seeing on the internets

QAL3QwE.jpg

JmqovMv.jpg

Top Bottom