fisher rig vs f29 cannon

VanDbtRiver

does anyone have an opinion as to which of these bikes is more race worthy (singlespeed)? I have been looking for weight comparisons to no avail. any advice as to upgrades etc will be appreciated.

walter

Fourth Party
does anyone have an opinion as to which of these bikes is more race worthy (singlespeed)? I have been looking for weight comparisons to no avail. any advice as to upgrades etc will be appreciated.

I have a geared F29 and its right around 24 pounds with a bunch of carbon and xt stuff. I think Jdogs ss F29 is somewhere around 21 pounds. There are a few people out there that recently bought F29 ss'ers, maybe they can chime in. I only say that because Jdogs bike is custom from the frame up, so his may not be a good example. You are more than welcome to take mine for a ride if you'd like. Its a large and geared, but at least you could get a feeling for it on the trail.

The Kalmyk

Don't know about GF but I must say Im very satisfied with the services Cannondale offers....A lot of times this is over looked....Lifetime warranty on frames is hard to beat...Did you see if GF offers the same

walter

Fourth Party
Hey Spencer, the offer is still there to try the carbon Mary. Ok, back to the original topic.:)

Fisher offers lifetime on the frame for the original buyer.

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

Handmade or machine assembly...How the frijoles does C-dale make that many HANDMADE bikes...Always wondered that....Probably more like HANDASSEMBLED:confused:

VanDbtRiver

i have tested the ss f29 stock seems nice and light, i like the fox fork on the rig over the lefty, just concerned that the rig is on the heavy side for a ss

VanDbtRiver

i hve no experience w the lefty stuff. i have heard that the lefties are now using fox tech and materials in the fork if that is the case it may tip my scale a bit. i think the fork on the rig may be heavier but what do i know.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the rig will undoubtedly be heavier. my 07 was about 26 lbs stock. i think it shed a pound for 08.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
You weight freaks :D
I am one of those who recently bought a 29er SS and didn't think about weight, so I have no clue how much it weights...actually I have no clue how much any of my bikes weigh :confused:

scalpel6

Cannondale F29er 3

I highly recommend the Cannondale. I've had mine for about 4 months and love the way the bike handles. As for the lefty. :) It handles better then any fork I've ridden. Once you get past the "lefy" thing and just ride the bike the forks performance speaks for itself. I ride a large and would be happy to let take it out for a spin. Jdog at Halters stocks and sells alot of these so he may have a demo you could use. :hmmm:

Upgrades that I made:
Oury grips
Fizik Aliante Saddle
Ec 90 Zero setback post
Easton Monkeylite SL bar
XT peddals
Hutchinson Pythons
rotor Q ring 34
Salsa Flip Seat clamp

Gary Fishers has some nice bikes as well so I don't think you could make a bad choice.

Good luck

Top Bottom