Fish oil

KStwenty1

About a year ago during a routine physical exam, my blood work came back stating I have NAFLD(no alchohic fatty liver disease) which as my doctor explained to me is not the end of the world and 100% reversible. After due dills hence of researching this on my own, I've found that a day dose of fish oil should reverse this. Well I'm happy to say the three months after that physical and taking 1000mg fish oil did the trick and my numbers were within an acceptable and health range.

So my question is, if you look on the back of NatureMade fish o you will notice that each pill contains 3 my of cholesterol. Are there any other brands of fish oil that are cholesterol free of is this a natural byproduct of consuming fish?

New chapter line is prolly the best line of vitamins you will find check out there fish oil.

each pill contains 3 my of cholesterol. Are there any other brands of fish oil that are cholesterol free of is this a natural byproduct of consuming fish?

Yes, all animal, foul and fish protein sources contain cholesterol because all living breathing things produce it. Most of your blood cholesterol is actually produced by your own body. It is necessary in converting sunlight to vitamin D and, among other things, is essential in all your nerves, spinal column and brain.

Unless your doctor has told you your cholesterol is high, I wouldn't worry about it since dietary cholesterol has little effect on your blood levels. More important are your HDL and LDL ratios, the HDL being the one that is considered healthy.

The USRDA for cholesterol intake is 300mg daily. That 3mg of cholesterol per tablet means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If you want to cut back, cut out the whoppers.

Better yet, exercise more and your HDL cholesterol will increase and tip the ratio scales and act like Roto Router to lessen the effects of your LDL levels.

As others have said, the quantity of cholesterol is insignificant, don't worry about it. Taking fish oil supplements are important- everyone should be taking them unless you eat cold water fish daily. And it's best to take triple strength- you want to get at least 1000 mg per day of EPA + DHA, the fatty acids with the most health benefit.

I realize that 5 mg is practically nothing but my main source of protein is eggs so I don't need any extra cholesterol in my diet AND since I can't buy cholesterol free eggs(whole eggs), I choose the latter and take the choleserol free ones...as well as no whoppers! :)

Assuming you are healthy your body will regulate the amount if cholesterol it needs.

Dietary cholesterol does not directly lead to blood cholesterol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As others have said, the quantity of cholesterol is insignificant, don't worry about it. Taking fish oil supplements are important- everyone should be taking them unless you eat cold water fish daily. And it's best to take triple strength- you want to get at least 1000 mg per day of EPA + DHA, the fatty acids with the most health benefit.

if you do the 3 grams of EPA... great for anti-imflammatiry benefits

but... fish oil farts are nasty... worse is oily stools along with the fish oil scent...

every day?

please explain

has it been proven to add X yrs to my life? does it make me even more irresistable to women?

sounds expensive. I'd rather buy bike parts.

every day?

please explain

has it been proven to add X yrs to my life? does it make me even more irresistable to women?

sounds expensive. I'd rather buy bike parts.

There's alot of evidence for the health benefits of fish oil consumption, especially EPA/DHA. If I ate ocean fish regularly I wouldn't bother but I don't. I've been taking it for years.

http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/DHA-+-EPA-for-Other-Health-Benefits-and-Chronic-Disorders

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/993.html

Fish oil is good to control the cholesterol level.
I also take the fish oil to control my cholesterol level and and also burn all unnecessary body. It helped me a lot manage my weight and stable my heart health.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom