First Time

DirtyJerzey

I plan on making my first trip to CR within the next week. Are there any preferred routes that don't require a lot of climbing?

The Kalmyk

Started ride at 7 am...What a beutiful morning it was with the mist coming off the water...I have been riding here more often than my home turf...Hills, hills and more hills....My body is loving me for this

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I've been wanting to ride CR for a while now...Are the trails hard tail friendly?

I used to think that CR was a mandatory place for full suspension, but it was just that i was inexperienced. After riding more of the north trails i don't find CR that bumpy any more. There is a lot of rocks but they are the small implanted kind. So i'd say yes.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ive only ridden there one time, but iwas on a hardtail. the climbs arent terrible there, but they will get you if you dont do clibs very often. there are little babyhead sized rocks all over the place that are implanted in the ground for the most part. i like it for a technical slow paced ride. doing a fast run there might kick your ass if you are inexpierienced on rocky techy trails. have fun out there!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The downhills are so much better after a climb... There are some sections that will make you wish you had a full Sus, just explore around and you will have fun...

DukeRobillard

I've been wanting to ride CR for a while now...Are the trails hard tail friendly?

I wouldn't call them "HT Friendly," but they're certainly "HT Accessible." You'll just have to pick lines more carefully, and expect your rear end to bounce around on the rocks some.

Chimney Rock is my home-park; I can ride to it from my house. I ride it on Full Sus, Hard Tail, and Cyclocross...it's doable on each, it's just very different. I see that as a good thing. :)

ArmyOfNone

Chimney Rock is my home-park; I can ride to it from my house. I ride it on Full Sus, Hard Tail, and Cyclocross...it's doable on each, it's just very different. I see that as a good thing. :)

I am dying to ride my cross bike in there. I was planning for tomorrow, but now is raining. :(

ellbiddy

That's an awesome route I'm going to add it to my gps to retrace it right now I'm still lost half the time I'm there. I'm all for climbing and rocks :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions