first time posting- looking for amputee riders

jenny boots

Good Evening!

I've been riding for about 4 years now-lovin it more and more. I decided to post since I have a specific agenda and I thought this might be a good forum. I work for a prosthetic and orthotic company and this year I am putting together a special team for 24 hours of Allamuchy. The team will consist of myself, a prosthetist (not to be confused with prostitute- this person makes limbs for a living):), and at least one amputee rider (one of our patients has already voluteered), but we'd like to have more. The purpose is two-fold: as a fund raising event to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, which is a non-profit organization that provides assistance in various ways to our wounded soldiers returning home; as well as to raise awareness for the amputee population and others who live life with affliction- but don't let it get them down.

I'd like to reach out and see if there are any amputee riders out there that would be interested in joining our team. Please contact me if you want more info, want to donate to the Wounded Warrior Project, would like to join us, or know someone who fits the bill. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Awesome first post and really great cause. I dont know any riders that fit the bill but the network here is certainly a great start.

F

FallGirl1430

Awesome

Jenny welcome to the site, I wish you all the best in putting the team together. I spend alot of time in NY State and I know alot of riders up that way and will put the word out, best of luck
Fallgirl ...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I can't think of anyone, but..

If they are in NJ you will find them via this site for sure.

Best of luck.

j-

jenny boots

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I'd appreciate whatever help I can get. Looking forward to bumping into you all on the trails.

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
ask Pixy

Ellen rides for Team Campmor and there is/was a guy on the team last year that competed in the H2H series with a proshtetic (spl?) arm. Maybe she can offer some info on him. Sorry I dunno his name. Great rider from what Kyle tells me!

Top Bottom