First time in the snow

rosceaux

I've been riding for about a year now after converting from road, and I've been lurking on this site for about a month. After reading all the posts about riding fat tires in the snow, I decided to take my 26'er out last night. I rode 10 miles of canal path through 2 inches of virgin snow. It was AWESOME. Certainly maore varied terrain would have been a blast, but it was remarkable how quiet and smooth it was. Particularly cool (and COLD) riding at 10pm. There were a few times when traction got a little squirrely, so I let some air out of the tires for better traction. Highly recommended.

qclabrat

I've been riding for about a year now after converting from road, and I've been lurking on this site for about a month. After reading all the posts about riding fat tires in the snow, I decided to take my 26'er out last night. I rode 10 miles of canal path through 2 inches of virgin snow. It was AWESOME. Certainly maore varied terrain would have been a blast, but it was remarkable how quiet and smooth it was. Particularly cool (and COLD) riding at 10pm. There were a few times when traction got a little squirrely, so I let some air out of the tires for better traction. Highly recommended.
I ride the canal lots in the winter. Where did you start from?

rosceaux

I ride the canal lots in the winter. Where did you start from?
I live in Yardley, Pa. So I started right by the Continental Tavern after having an Old Fashioned to warm me up. I ended up putting in 10+ miles. I'm often on the NJ side as well, but given that this was my first ride I kept it local. I was surprised to see that mine were the only tracks for 5 miles out and back.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've been riding MTB since April and today was my first snow ride, as well. I lowered my expectations ahead of time and focused on enjoying the experience. I did a lap at Hartshorne and had a blast!

Top Bottom