First Time at Mercer

jimmysnukastyle

I rode Mercer for the first time yesterday - agreed - great place to go. I entered at the tennis courts and did the red trail mostly. I'm going to hit blue next time - looks like it doesn't go into populated areas on the map. There's some sweet erosion along those power lines.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Take the blue (i think) and when you get to the boat house (on the opposite side of the marina) go past it, follow the road for a bit and then bust a right on access road, it quickly turns to singletrack and is the best stuff there. Just keep following it and you pop out in the powerlines again. It is super muddy back there though...

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Did you end up getting any flats? Everytime I go through Mercer I end up walking out :(

It's so close to my work I can't help but want to ride it more and more.

walter

Fourth Party
Did you end up getting any flats? Everytime I go through Mercer I end up walking out :(

It's so close to my work I can't help but want to ride it more and more.

Pearls shopping list:
1. helmet
2. spare tubes
3. small pump or CO2
4. tire levers

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
not there - now I have one though - a day later.
That happened to me too, twice. Hopefully the Slime tubes will cut down on that =)

Nice meeting you too AoN. Copy and paste shopping list ;)

We built that one section up where you saw us. It's pretty safe and sturdy, kinda launches you. the other side is passable and flat. Hopefully no one minds :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
you should get the slime tubes if you ride mercer alot. They work good there since most of the thorns are pretty small.

jimmysnukastyle

Hitting six mile today - and probably tomorrow and the next. And on and on...

Maybe we can get a bunch of us together when I fix my tire and pearl gets his helmet.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Keep your eyes on the look out for some nice new berms...

More to follow.

j

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ooo burms :) That one has that gaping hole in it, I always forget and almost lose it :p

Yes, once I get my helmet I will be down to ride with anyone and everyone. After seeing AoN fly up a hill past me that I constantly walk up, I might need to stick in the back :p

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
ooo burms :) That one has that gaping hole in it, I always forget and almost lose it :p

Yes, once I get my helmet I will be down to ride with anyone and everyone. After seeing AoN fly up a hill past me that I constantly walk up, I might need to stick in the back :p

It wasn't that long ago that Fred was crashing every 5 feet and walking his bike a lot.

He has put in a lot of hard work and it has paid off for him.

If you have the same desire you will get there. All the road riding that Fred does really makes the difference in fitness.

j-

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It wasn't that long ago that Fred was crashing every 5 feet and walking his bike a lot.

He has put in a lot of hard work and it has paid off for him.

If you have the same desire you will get there. All the road riding that Fred does really makes the difference in fitness.

j-

After you have been riding for a long time, you forget what it is like to learn to ride mtn bikes, seeing people just starting out on this site is exciting!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions