First Time @ Allamuchy North!?!?

BAIN

Well, what can I say? I was not prepared for this at all. I was expecting this place to be similiar to the Hackettstown / Route 80 overlook side of Allamuchy = fairly easy with a lot of treats! Well this wasn't the case!

My friend and I left the Cranberry parking lot and entered the green trail and road it clockwise until the white blaze and busted a left on the white and took that to the waterloo road parking, made a left on the railbed and headed back to cranberry. Maybe 8-9 miles in all 6.5 trail, but god damn. I think I am getting soft or this place is really brutal. I did have a few beers with the boys last night after my ride at KVSP, but jesus this just burned me. Not a ride you want to bring any first timers. We had a blast, but damn there was some tough sections. I sure as hell would not be able to ride the white clockwise, without some hike a bikes.

Next step is to try and figure out where those side trails all lead! We won't forget our compass's

ps (BIG THANKS TO CYCLEWORKS) for the last minute chain fix last night that I snapped at KVSP

Last edited:

xc62701

Well, what can I say? I was not prepared for this at all. I was expecting this place to be similiar to the Hackettstown / Route 80 overlook side of Allamuchy = fairly easy with a lot of treats! Well this wasn't the case!

My friend and I left the Cranberry parking lot and entered the green trail and road it clockwise until the white blaze and busted a left on the white and took that to the waterloo road parking, made a left on the railbed and headed back to cranberry. Maybe 8-9 miles in all 6.5 trail, but god damn. I think I am getting soft or this place is really brutal. I did have a few beers with the boys last night after my ride at KVSP, but jesus this just burned me. Not a ride you want to bring any first timers. We had a blast, but damn there was some tough sections. I sure as hell would not be able to ride the white clockwise, without some hike a bikes.

Next step is to try and figure out where those side trails all lead! We won't forget our compass's

ps (BIG THANKS TO CYCLEWORKS) for the last minute chain fix last night that I snapped at KVSP

I hate to burst your bubble but you hit the stuff in Allamuchy that's almost paved... You haven't even hit the tip of the iceberg! If you wanna suffer, I'll take you on a painful loop. There's stuff in there you can't even imagine.

BAIN

If I look back on the ride and if I could have eliminated the hangover and the humidity, it wasn't that bad.

What is your loop? I am up for anything 15 and under. Just remind me to get some sleep the night before.

xc62701

I can't even describe it cause there's so many turns. I'd have to give you a tour. Let's just say get ready to climb though.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
It must have been other factors. Allamuchy is my home and i love it but Stokes is way more brutal Bain.

Top Bottom