First ride at KVSP

walter

Fourth Party
Got up bright and early this morning and made my way up to KVSP, turned out to be an awesome day for some exploring. First time here and first day back on the 29er since I almost broke my ass last week at Allaire in some freak accident, I wanted to post some pics of my injuries, but my wife thought posting pics of my battered and bruised man ass on the internet was not a good idea.

Anyway, like I said a great day to do some exploring, I had alot of fun here and I would definately return again when time allows me to. I rode for just about 2 hours, didnt see anyone on bikes except for someone who was leaving as I pulled in, ran into a few ladies walking, said my friendly hellos and continued on.

I always like riding new places that other folks consider their home field, now I have a bit of imagery in my mind and can relate a bit better when others are referring to this place.

Oh well, thats my very brief synopsis, time to go stuff my face.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow walt, i think you may have just missed shaggz.

edit: nevermind, confirmed.

Hey You F*ck! Say hello next time

i really love that place...it's one of my favorite places to ride. were you on the mary or the squish? you'll have to let me know next time you're gonna do something like that up here. i'll take you on the whirl wind tour.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
it's funny, as I was driving away, I couldn't help but wonder if that was you, Walt. silver saturn vue, shiney HT c-dale on the back, loud obnoxious music :p. I quickly dismissed the thought figuring WTF would you be doing this far north, so early in the AM.

I *almost* drove up to you as you were looking at the board to suggest a loop, but the phone rang and I drove off. Let me know when you are coming up again.

walter

Fourth Party
it's funny, as I was driving away, I couldn't help but wonder if that was you, Walt. silver saturn vue, shiney HT c-dale on the back, loud obnoxious music :p. I quickly dismissed the thought figuring WTF would you be doing this far north, so early in the AM.

I *almost* drove up to you as you were looking at the board to suggest a loop, but the phone rang and I drove off. Let me know when you are coming up again.

Ha, I knew it was you, I kept saying to my self, "who has a trance that would ride up here that would be LEAVING at 730 am, it couldnt be Shaggz could it, no, he's got a mini van!"

Seriously, I was going to pedal over to say hi since I figured it probably was you, since I caught you doing some double takes as well. Oh well, always next time, lets see who I can not introduce myself to on tomorrow's mystery ride.

Oh, and there is nothing obnoxious about Slayer at 730 in the morning

Shaggz

A strong 7
it couldnt be Shaggz could it, no, he's got a mini van!"
...Oh, and there is nothing obnoxious about Slayer at 730 in the morning

For the last time, it's my wife's minivan! :getsome:

And I thought I was pushing the limits of decency with Linkin' Park...

walter

Fourth Party
Jake, I brought the Cannondale 29er, mostly because I still got the new bike excitement, and also because I had never ridden there before, I did not really know what to expect. I think next time I will bring Mary, she will like the scenic views.

I will definately speak up next time I decide on a whim to drive over an hour to ride alone.

So as I was looking at the map, that Sussex branch is what you guys use to connect the different parks, KVSP, the Mooch, etc.?

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Kvsp

Oh man, I love that place, but I've only raced there, albeit a bunch of times. I really need to get up there for a ride this year.

I have to say I'm a little jealous of you folks who live close to the parks up north. I'd gladly trade the ocean and our local joints for closer access to Allamuchy, KVSP, etc.

walter

Fourth Party
I have to say I'm a little jealous of you folks who live close to the parks up north. I'd gladly trade the ocean and our local joints for closer access to Allamuchy, KVSP, etc.

Chris, I hear you, I was thinking the same just as I was driving along Rt. 80. When I got to the top of the climb by that tower, I hopped off to take a look around, enjoy the view, it was really nice.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh man, I love that place, but I've only raced there, albeit a bunch of times. I really need to get up there for a ride this year.

chris, if it makes you feel any worse i'm 11 minutes door to trail for the 'mooch waterloo lot. :D tack on another 9 minutes to KVSP. sorry. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

but walt, let me know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And yet you've ridden Mooch like, what, once in the last 6 months?

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmmm...that could work. for some reason i think i got something going on this friday.

Top Bottom