hmm skip north

Deer Park is good
though watch parking lot trail
school flow trail
birches
rouge
ok skip it

have you been to six mile :hmmm:

seriously being a dick "no me" just bust ass and make that trail our biAtch. Once you conquer tire eaters of NJ you can be called BOSS!

You have no point-Why does your wife read your posts? Very strange :hmmm:-get your house in order- then order real tires that can ride real trails-

Boon is one of the best trails in the area-maybe you need another area like Florida where its just flat boring dirt so you must clime out of NJ ;)

I bet skylands sucks also and yellow is plain boring for you-wayway is too rooty-just find another sport say badmitten or knitting for instance-just watch out for the needle it can be dangerous also

Don't bust on the jungle :getsome:

On a side note I would like to ride peanut butter -haven't ridden that since muchy 2005

This post sucks. IDGAF if you're Todd Wells and can unicycle this shit. This kind of post is uncalled for.

Sorry to be so harsh and come down on you. But this board is full of a bunch of discontent babies these days. What the hell is wrong with everyone this week?

I recall the first time I rode Boon and it kicked my butt. I think there was an OTB (or damn close). I would definitely classify it is technical and challenging...and not novice!

With that experience Boon became a "destination trail", meaning that I may take different routes to get to and from, but I'm headed there. I slowly kept conquering it section by section and recently went end to end with only one "dip". Goal = no dips.

Other parts of JH used to kick my ass too, but I've improved. It is definitely not a novice park in general. But, if you set your mind to it, it will drive you to improve.

If you really want to challenge yourself, try JH with a single-speed set-up. That'll put hair on your chest. I haven't done that in awhile.

Anyway, you can do it!

Honestly, Boon is an excellent trail. I did it on my old entry level Talon 29er with a pogo stick for a front fork and got through it relatively unphased. Even did the trail on Maxxis Crossmarks. Neither are likely ideal, but certainly did the job.

Hey Roc, i've been wanting to go back there for a while. Speaking of tires, I have some new tires I'm looking to break in (29 X 2.5 :D). Love Jungle. How's this Sunday?

At the beach this weekend, anybody up for a ride 4-5 pm one day next week? Anywhere, but mooch, don't want to sit in that traffic!

This post sucks. IDGAF if you're Todd Wells and can unicycle this shit. This kind of post is uncalled for.

Sorry to be so harsh and come down on you. But this board is full of a bunch of discontent babies these days. What the hell is wrong with everyone this week?

Just having some fun, its too lovey dovey sometimes on this blog and I am a ball buster ;)

mustclime and all others -you are welcome to join me Saturday at wayway 9AM- cherry ridge ride normal fun pace -no hard feeelings just messing around-
Will be on a spicy-great loop in store
Who is Todd Wells :hmmm:
I cannot unicycle anything either :p

I just started riding last fall and JH was the first place I got on a bike. Trial by fire, but now I'm hooked. I try to get to JH every weekend and when I do get here I just try to get through Otter, Tanks, Cages, Pen, Fish, Hippo.

Boon is on my bucket list if the other trails don't kill me first.

Quite an odd post. Rode the Boon today on my fat bike and my tires seem to still be intact. I can understand why someone without good technical skills wouldn't like it because it is quite challenging. It is one of those where if you are not confident, and you make a slight mistake, you can hurt yourself, but I agree with many of the posters above, Rhino and Boon are my favorite trails at the Jungle.

Mustclime or is it climb went road riding and that sucked also. Too many potholes. But seriously you have to keep at it on the rocky more technical trails and pick good lines. I've ripped a few sidewalls on beefy tires and had xc race tires survive well.

Let's rewind a few years back when the trail was designed.

The trail builders did Boon as one of the last trails because it was the more advanced terrain in the park, more or less the farthest trail from the car, and the crews wanted to earn their chops building a few miles of trail in other easier areas with less burly terrain and closer to the car.

Boon is what we considered an outer loop trail in what IMBA calls a stacked loop system. Trails progressively get harder the farther out you go from the car.

So with all that said: Boon was intentionally designed to kick your ass (until you get good enough to make her your bitch). Don't let her win. Reconsider your tire choice and don't give up.

Rating wise, it wasn't designed as a novice trail, in fact it was assigned adv/exp trail rating. I haven't seen the map lately but I'm pretty sure it had a black diamond rating.

If anyone is wondering why we aimed for all the rock rollers rather than go around them, its so we could roll over them. Trust me once you master this, you'll buy the trailbuilder/crew a beer.

Keep at it.

Fuck yeah, Peanut Butter is the best.

^
Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions