First and last ride on Boon

mustclime

Nothing but rock, cut the side walls on my f&r tires so the trail owes me a hundred bucks. It might have been fun on my dh bike with 3 inch tires but it sucked on the XC bike. If you are a novice or ridding with one, do yourself a big favor and avoid it. If you like ridding on nothing but rocks stacked on top of rocks...this is the trail for you............JMO

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
Oh come on, easily one of the best trails in Jersey. So good. I fly through this trail on my hard tail. I can even no dabble it on my single speed. Ride the rocks, welcome to nj!

Eileen

Boon makes me happy so does the rest of Jungle. Definitely one of the best parks in Jersey. I love the rocks otherwise I'd stay on the road.

rayder

At the risk of piling on, boon and rhino are a couple of my favorite trails that I've been on anywhere, along with mix monster at BlueMountain

mustclime

Whatever....hate it...I like a little dirt on my trails. Most or north Jerzy has 6 inches of top soil ontop of all of the rocks....I find JH has even less. When people ask me where to ride, JH is the last place I tell them to ride. Boon reminded me why I stopped riding there.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is plenty of paved roads near by. Seriously you aren't the first to blow big bills on underwhelming tires. Unfortunately there isn't any industructable tires available. Frankly I been crying this fact for many years which has made me the tire whore that I am. Best to label those PoS that failed me on the best trail in jungle yo!

mntal

Thanks for all of your negative comments - much appreciated. I assume someone must have forced you to ride there given your attitude - sorry to hear that our technical trails are a bit too much for you.

I Ride Bikes

Nothing but rock, cut the side walls on my f&r tires so the trail owes me a hundred bucks. It might have been fun on my dh bike with 3 inch tires but it sucked on the XC bike. If you are a novice or ridding with one, do yourself a big favor and avoid it. If you like ridding on nothing but rocks stacked on top of rocks...this is the trail for you............JMO

Just curious. What tires were you running? $100 seams cheap for a PAIR of decent tires. Maybe they weren't the toughest version of that tire.

roc

I have to get back to jungle! I haven't been there in forever. When can you go rayder!

mustclime

Just curious. What tires were you running? $100 seams cheap for a PAIR of decent tires. Maybe they weren't the toughest version of that tire.
Wife reads my posts....so they were very cheap tires...honest

Now I need to go spend more money on tires that will last longer:rolleyes:

So you guys really think Boon is a novice trail? Thats the point in my first post.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I have to get back to jungle! I haven't been there in forever. When can you go rayder!

Hey Roc, i've been wanting to go back there for a while. Speaking of tires, I have some new tires I'm looking to break in (29 X 2.5 :D). Love Jungle. How's this Sunday?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So you guys really think Boon is a novice trail? Thats the point in my first post.

No, I dont think anyone is saying is a novice trail, but its definitely fun/challenging. Dont give up on it...go back and hit it a few more times. If you still hate, well than its luke's fault.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know what trail I really love? The one nobody talked about before. Peanut butter is awesome.

OP: Not a novice trail. But hang in there. Eventually you'll get used to slaughtering expensive tires.

nomad

You have no point-Why does your wife read your posts? Very strange :hmmm:-get your house in order- then order real tires that can ride real trails-
Boon is one of the best trails in the area-maybe you need another area like Florida where its just flat boring dirt so you must clime out of NJ ;)
I bet skylands sucks also and yellow is plain boring for you-wayway is too rooty-just find another sport say badmitten or knitting for instance-just watch out for the needle it can be dangerous also
Don't bust on the jungle :getsome:

On a side note I would like to ride peanut butter -haven't ridden that since muchy 2005

greeek32

I like boon but I understand why someone wouldn't. The only trail I don't like at jungle is fish (I think) and the only reason for that is my 785 bars don't fit.

A fun after work loop at jungle that is pretty smooth is up animal chute, around warthog, then back down animal chute. ~5 miles and takes about 35 minutes for us pokers...

mustclime

You have no point-Why does your wife read your posts? Very strange :hmmm:-get your house in order- then order real tires that can ride real trails-
Boon is one of the best trails in the area-maybe you need another area like Florida where its just flat boring dirt so you must clime out of NJ ;)
I bet skylands sucks also and yellow is plain boring for you-wayway is too rooty-just find another sport say badmitten or knitting for instance-just watch out for the needle it can be dangerous also

On a side note I would like to ride peanut butter -haven't ridden that since muchy 2005

troll...have a nice day

loggerhead

You need to get into shape. You need to own the trails and it sounds like they own you!:popcorn:

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Originally Posted by nomad
You have no point-Why does your wife read your posts? Very strange -get your house in order- then order real tires that can ride real trails-
Boon is one of the best trails in the area-maybe you need another area like Florida where its just flat boring dirt so you must clime out of NJ
Don't bust on the jungle

troll...have a nice day

That troll kills it at Jungle.. And Wayway, and TOS.. I wish I rode like that "troll".
PS: he does get his ass kicked at Allaire. Keep hitting Jungle and support your LBS!

Last edited:

ninja4life

Damn! Nomad went H.A.M. lol

Boon and Rhino (the full edition) are best trails in the Jungle.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions