First Allaire Ride w/ Wife (getting lost and thanks to Todd!)

B

BiscoJosh

So - took my wife to Allaire for the first time today. She is a true beginner, but is tough, so I knew she could do some of the stuff. I really thought I knew the trails, but I guess not haha. We ended up on the elusive River Trail, which I couldn't even ride much of it. We were out for approximately 3 hours. The wife had a pretty nasty spill about 30 min into the ride (cut up elbow, bruises, etc), but hung tough and kept going the rest of the way. We totally got lost when we ended up on the river trail, and were actually at a golf course I didnt know existed haha. Anyway, we doubled back, and made our way back to the orange trail, and a very nice Guy Todd (w/ Grateful Dead Steal Your Face sticker on his fork) directed us to trails I knew so we could make our way out (Thanks again Todd!). All in all a real fun time, the wife had a good time despite me being a terrible guide haha.

See you all Tuesday (95% positive!)

Josh

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude,
if you post up the next time I would be happy to show you around but the best way to learn the trails are as you did today just hack through them.So does this mean you and Mrs.BiscoJosh will be joining the fun Tuesday evening?

B

BiscoJosh

Dude,
if you post up the next time I would be happy to show you around but the best way to learn the trails are as you did today just hack through them.So does this mean you and Mrs.BiscoJosh will be joining the fun Tuesday evening?

nah - unfortunately, she (1) wont get out of work on time and; (2) still does not trust herself enough to be in the group (no matter how much I tell her the rides are for people EXACTLY like her). So, it will just be me and my gas.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions