Finished Fish build!

Chris Nordt

I've spend the past few weeks/month gathering and installing parts to rebuild my 1996 Gary Fisher Joshua Y. I had planned to be done much sooner, but moving and the birth of my child delayed things a bit. But finally between waiting on parts, moving boxes, and changing diapers I was able to squeeze in some wrenching and complete the build. I know the frame looks banged up, but she's solid and after 20 years I'de expect some dings/scratches.. plus they add character ;-)

Parts list:
Handlebar - Easton Monkey Lite XC riser
Stem - Syncros FL1.5 80mm
Brakes - Shimano XT levers/arms
Fork - White Brother air fork
Rear Shock - Risseracing Genesis
Seat - Bontrager Affinity RXL carbon rails
Seatpost - Easton EC90
Pedals - Mavic Crossmax SL
Cranks - SRAM XX 170mm
Chain ring - Blackspire 32T 80BCD N-W single ring w/ blackspire litegod 120BCD bash guard
Chain - SRAM PC-1091R
Shifter - SRAM GX trigger
Derailleur - SRAM XO 10sp
Cassette - SRAM PG-1070
Wheelset - Shimano XTR hubs w/ Mavic M231 rims
Tires - Micheline Wild Grip'r 2 26x2.2 front/ Micheline Wild Race'r 26x2.0 rear

The addition of these parts has made the bike lighter then it's ever been, and I'm a huge fan of the Risse rear shock. It has almost completely eliminated the rear shock "bobbing" that Y bikes are famous for.

Fish1.jpg
Fish2.jpg
Fish3.jpg
Fish5.jpg
Fish6.jpg
Fish7.jpg
Fish8.jpg

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unified swingarm=SSed that bitch!
I been trying to weasel my cousins homegrown to SS as its a better unified suspension.

dmkalemba

Nice..... very inspiring... I have a slightly older GF Paragon HT that i've been thinking about re-building, but definitely don't have the time.... Nice Job!

Chris Nordt

Nope... looks like this.. came with a rock shox 10 that outlasted that Manitou by a mile

Very cool! The White Brothers on the Paragon in the pic are on the Joshua now, picked up a set of Manitous for the paragon. Found a cheap set on ebay for $80, wasn't overly concerned about longevity since I won't be on it as much as the Joshua.

Top Bottom