Finish Line tubeless sealant

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've made it before, but it's not much fun unless you whip up a 50 gal batch and drop it out of a plane on unfriendly neighbors. Making primary explosives is where it's at.

we had access to magnesium - they use it for a certain type of plate in the printing industry.

rick81721

Lothar
we had access to magnesium - they use it for a certain type of plate in the printing industry.

You could buy Mg in hobby stores - we bought it when we were kids in coiled strips. Powder added to a basic gunpowder "bomb" creates a nice flash effect

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I've made it before, but it's not much fun unless you whip up a 50 gal batch and drop it out of a plane on unfriendly neighbors. Making primary explosives is where it's at.
We made it in high school, I think it was anti climatic since I don’t remember much about it. We also made c4 but couldn’t get it to ignite. Chlorine bombs were fun, although scary as hell. Redneck entertainment.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Finish Line Sealant doing what it does best. Nothing.

20190417_074036.jpg

#freejules

Patrick

Staff member
started pricing home brew, for a gallon its about $50
Stan's is $25 for 32oz, not worth the aggravation

price finally came down. -
your math is off a bit - it is $56 for 2 gallons (gallon latex + gallon rv antifreeze)., so 200 vs 56
although i can't find the gallon for $50 right now..saw $66 - still might not be worth it!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
price finally came down. -
your math is off a bit - it is $56 for 2 gallons (gallon latex + gallon rv antifreeze)., so 200 vs 56
although i can't find the gallon for $50 right now..saw $66 - still might not be worth it!
Why do you need 2 gallons of sealant? I use 2-4 2oz bottles a year at most for 3 tubeless bikes.

Patrick

Staff member
Why do you need 2 gallons of sealant? I use 2-4 2oz bottles a year at most for 3 tubeless bikes.

i keep half of the liquid latex for other activities. split the rest with whomever.

you didn't really think....

CommandoStyle

A testament to how awesome tubeless is. I found this giant thorn after a tire swap (3.0’s for 2.8’s). Tire held its pressure steadily, I never knew the thorn was there. Sealant was Stan’s and Bontrager combo.
86C2104D-73F5-40D3-80CE-D8CCDB3453F2.jpeg

one piece crank

The original dose of Finishline just gave up. Interesting that it lasted 2-years, but I never suffered a puncture despite riding the same trails my Fat Bike picks up thorns on every ride?!

9E0F25C5-1DE5-4158-8141-53FDDE16495B.jpeg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The original dose of Finishline just gave up. Interesting that it lasted 2-years, but I never suffered a puncture despite riding the same trails my Fat Bike picks up thorns on every ride?!

View attachment 138264

My experience with the finish line stuff is great on treasd punctures. Not so much for the sidewall, too viscous to get up to it and needs to stay submerged with sealant. Also requires more volume

Top Bottom