Finally rode again....

A

Ant

Well I rode again today for the 1st time since my bad crash at VIR and honestly it felt real good. Legs didn't hurt although my rib did a little when breathing hard. In fact my legs feel better then before I even went. :D Only did like 4 miles which to be honest was a joke but I don't want to hurt myself again. Hopefully within 2 weeks I can be going my usual 10 miles or so.

A

Ant

carl said:
good deal ant.

Thanks Carl...maybe in a little while we can go for a street ride. I think I may get a road bike...maybe trade my bike in if I can. I'm gonna hit up this bike shop in Stanhope on sat...wanna go?

A

Ant

carl said:
Ant said:
carl said:
good deal ant.

Thanks Carl...maybe in a little while we can go for a street ride. I think I may get a road bike...maybe trade my bike in if I can. I'm gonna hit up this bike shop in Stanhope on sat...wanna go?
uhhh if riding a dirt bike is in the agenda yes.

That's a possibility but I'm not sure...I'll let you know.

S

scubasteve

Ant said:
carl said:
good deal ant.

What's up Ant?

Just one thing if you get a road bike -- Make sure you get fitted for it. They're terribly uncomfortable, especialy at the beginning. A good fit will help.

A

Ant

scubasteve said:
Ant said:
carl said:
good deal ant.

What's up Ant?

Just one thing if you get a road bike -- Make sure you get fitted for it. They're terribly uncomfortable, especialy at the beginning. A good fit will help.

What up Steve! Yeah I heard that...I'm going to really shop around because I want to make sure I get something that works for me. Thinking about a Trek 1200 or maybe a Giant.

BTW, I did 6 miles tonight so it looks like I may be back in the game!

S

scubasteve

Ant said:
What up Steve! Yeah I heard that...I'm going to really shop around because I want to make sure I get something that works for me. Thinking about a Trek 1200 or maybe a Giant.

Nice bro! Good work!

You'll definitely cover more miles on the road bike, they're so smooth.

I have nothing but good things to say about Trek's. They're bulletproof (except for the rims in my case) and they're silent. Good luck in your search! When you pick one up, we'll definitely have to ride.

A

Ant

scubasteve said:
Ant said:

Nice bro! Good work!

I have nothing but good things to say about Trek's. They're bulletproof (except for the rims in my case) and they're silent. Good luck in your search! When you pick one up, we'll definitely have to ride.

absolutely. You're a pretty big guy too so if they held up well for you I'm sure they will be ok for me as well.

S

scubasteve

Ant said:
scubasteve said:
Ant said:

Nice bro! Good work!

absolutely. You're a pretty big guy too so if they held up well for you I'm sure they will be ok for me as well.

Dude, are you calling me fat?

hahahahahaha j/k :)

Yeah, it really has held up well. I would estimate it at about 2500-3000 miles and really the only thing I've had to beef up was the tires (Armadillos are AMAZING), and now I've got to do the rims (or at least the rear rim), because I've blown too many spokes. And the roads in central Jersey aren't exactly perfect, either...

A

Ant

scubasteve said:
Ant said:
scubasteve said:
Ant said:

Nice bro! Good work!

Dude, are you calling me fat?

hahahahahaha j/k :)

Yeah, it really has held up well. I would estimate it at about 2500-3000 miles and really the only thing I've had to beef up was the tires (Armadillos are AMAZING), and now I've got to do the rims (or at least the rear rim), because I've blown too many spokes. And the roads in central Jersey aren't exactly perfect, either...

No, no, I just mean that we are "Men of Girth" if you will. :lol: Well, that many miles sounds like good durability to me. Roads by me aren't to bad actually. What model do you have?

S

scubasteve

Ant said:
No, no, I just mean that we are "Men of Girth" if you will. :lol: Well, that many miles sounds like good durability to me. Roads by me aren't to bad actually. What model do you have?

Men of Girth....much better!

I've got the basic Trek 1000. Worked well for me. I've got a friend with the 1200 and she loves it.

Keep an eye on Craigslist, there's some great deals on there...

Top Bottom