Finally made it to the jungle !

boulderdash

might try to find this myself tomorrow. last time we were there we couldn't find it.

I am taking my kids out weekend for practice on the kids race. Any recommendation of beginner/intermediate loop that doesn't involve the need of protection (body armour)?

It is explained in one of these threads. I have not been on it yet, but my understanding is it will go from the end of Hippo, to the area across from where Dump Truck Hill starts. Search the Jungle Habitat threads, the exact answer is there, because somebody replied to the exact same question for me about a month or so ago.

I wish jh was closer. for me to get there from cranford at 5:45 on a wknt. would be at least 2hrs with traffic. I try to make a few TM's at locally at CR or Allaire.:D

I do appreciate the work you guys do there, i love those trails.

made it to JH

I made it to the Jungle but was not sure were to go or what to do. I ended up on some trails but with my hardtail they werent rideable. Im sure I missed something any advice?

I made it to the Jungle but was not sure were to go or what to do. I ended up on some trails but with my hardtail they werent rideable. Im sure I missed something any advice?

Here is a map.
http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/JH3_0.png

You park off of the airport access road and ride through the opening in fence and look for trail on your left. This is animal chute. Make a right onto this trail and work your way up until you come out to a road.

Most people go counter clock wise so head for lower warthog. Coming out of Animal Chute you will make a right and follow road up to big parking lot and stay straight looking for trail head up on right.

Looking at your map you want to hit Warthog, Otter, Rhino, Tanks, Cages, Boon, Fish, Goat and Lower Chute. This is the basic loop.

These trails are doable on a HT, Woody rides his SS Rigid bike here with no problem. You need tubeless tires so you can run between 20-25 psi, this keeps you from bouncing all over the trails.

Is there an address for the parking lot? I am going to head there tomorrow for the first time. Thanks.

Here is a map.
http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/JH3_0.png

You park off of the airport access road and ride through the opening in fence and look for trail on your left. This is animal chute. Make a right onto this trail and work your way up until you come out to a road.

Most people go counter clock wise so head for lower warthog. Coming out of Animal Chute you will make a right and follow road up to big parking lot and stay straight looking for trail head up on right.

Looking at your map you want to hit Warthog, Otter, Rhino, Tanks, Cages, Boon, Fish, Goat and Lower Chute. This is the basic loop.

These trails are doable on a HT, Woody rides his SS Rigid bike here with no problem. You need tubeless tires so you can run between 20-25 psi, this keeps you from bouncing all over the trails.

Type in 190 Airport Rd.
West Milford NJ 07480

I was there yesterday with my trail dog - Awesome and had the whole place to ourselves! She has been sleeping mostly since :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions