Finally made it to the jungle !

aedubber

So i finally made it out here , and took the advice that was given in a previous thread. I parked at the main gate/entrance , dropping into Animal Shute and climbing Upper Shute out to the parking lot . Damn upper shute is TOUGH , i didnt walk any of it but i did make like 8 stops to get some air into my lungs haha .. It was tight and fun for sure , just sucked on a 180mm fork :( and it passed my mind wishing i had a granny gear and not a 32T ring lol but whatever .

So i got that climb out of the way , rode up the parking lot and jumped into Warthog in the top left corner and rode the whole trail back out to the lot. Those little mini rock gardens were fun . After coming out of warthog i took Animal Shute back down to the entrance and called it a day . I think i did alright , did all that within 1 hour of riding with all the little stops i made.

Def a cool place to burn up and throw your ass into shape haha , i want to return but with a 160mm fork this time . I can see some good effort and work has been put into this place so props to the trail crews .

882085_10201034837337104_703182674_o.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
def a lot more to see here. climb otter then hop on Rhino. ride a bunch of cools trails in between then go down boon and climb back up fish. get spanked on goat then back to lower shute.

aedubber

Oh yea, trails are in great condition . No snow on what i rode , dunno how the lower parts are tho .

aedubber

Oops, unlocked the garmin link

Yea no way am i able to ride the trails in that loop lol ... Dunno how you managed to ride UP certain areas but yea that wouldnt be too fun for me. I could skip out warthog and head straight up to Rhino and take it from there tho !

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
Dude that whole loop is under 7 miles. You can do it. I usually do that loop without dabbing a single time on my single speed. The only tricky part is the rock on hippo, and that's not on that loop.

MannyL358

Enis, you might also consider swapping out your bars for narrower ones to ...some of the upper trails can be tight. I always manage to clip a sapling or two. :(

nomad

lol i will get back out soon .. So i guess climb up Otter Slide , and should i ride Rhino clockwise or counter ?
We are riding Sunday at 9AM-
rhino is fun in both directions.
Don't worry about the 180 fork- I have ridden both there-not much of a difference.
the trails up top are much more technical then animal chute and warthog which are really just xc race trails. The best stuff you do have to climb too but its worth it. New trail boulderdash is one I am going to try Sunday also-I have heard it has some great TM and rock work.
Lower chute is a nice trail-its a little washed out which makes it more challenging than it used to be.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions