Finally got my NEWm..I mean, Nomad!

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
Hey guys, whats up!? Finally picked up my baby! I know you all loved my thread on which bike to get, so I figured I'd let you know it's officially over with now that I have a bike! lol It's actually been about a week now that I've had her, just too busy loving riding to post up! I love the bike so far, and haven't actually gotten to test her out on any "real" trails as I just got the 20MM axle adapter for my roof rack today, and it was a pain fitting the bike in the back seat of my Protege to get her home, so I've just been riding it to Thompson Park since it's less than a mile from me and riding what little is there. So I can't comment 100% on how great it is, but I think it will only get better as the trails get better! Being my first real FS bike, there's a bit of a learning curve to a few simple things like clearing some bigger logs and stuff, but I think I'm learning pretty quick! One thing it has done though is made me terribly lazy. Coming from an old full rigid, I just stay seated a lot and let the suspension do the work, lol. On my most recent ride though, I'm trying to remedy that already and staying out of the saddle more. Real trail ride should come either Monday or maybe late Saturday. Had work at the shop late tonight and work most of Saturday and going to watch the US Open on Sunday! Anyway, on with some details...

'08 Nomad. Medium frame in powdercoated black. Basically it's an R AM complete(X9 rear, LX front, X7 shifters, Juicy 5's, Stylo cranks...) from SC with the DHX 5.0 coil upgrade. The fork though, is a Lyrik U-turn, because when my shop ordered the bike, they had no Domains in stock, and sent him this for no extra charge. The no extra charge deal was passed on, one of the reasons I decided to pick her up(before I started working there)! Put Easton Flatboy pedals on her, and with the 5.10 Impacts, it's great, the shoes stick like glue! With those pedals she's a tad over 35 lbs.

Quick questions before the pics...I ordered the springs for my weight so she should get even better but I was wondering;

Anybody know how hard is it to replace the spring on a RS, more specifically and obviously a Lyrik? I'm good mechanically and do work on my own car, should I be alright?

Thanks for your help. Now that I have a good bike I'll probably hang around here more...

Finally, the goods!

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

liong71er

that's one hot...hot..hottes bikes!!:)

i think u might wanna considered to upgrade those triple chainring to dual chainring w/bashguard.it will make it look more meaner/madness....:):) sorry for having said that.

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
Thanks everybody!

lion - lol, certainly no need to be sorry. I already had plans for that down the line. Not right now though, seeing as how I just spent a load of money since aside from the bike I got basically everything else. Roof rack, pedals, shoes, helmet, and basically everything. I still need to show some love to my other things/toys too, lol. So It'll be a little while before I do though, but probably not too long though, since now that I'm working at the shop, it won't be bad as far as cost goes...

Speaking of which...

warcricket - Honestly, not positive on an exact number, since I'm working at the shop now(Planet Bike) my boss agreed to cut me a deal and everything since I've been there for over two months now. He just updated the prices today as far as what he's giving everything to me for and I forgot to check. It would probably be better to keep something like that private anyway though, sorry, lol...But to get an idea/range, it was selling for a tad over $3000 beforehand.

Hopefully I'll be able to post up some ride pics soon. Maybe tomorrow night pending what time I get back from the US Open, maybe in time for a little ride. If not, then maybe Monday. I'm gonna ride, just whether or not my buddy tags along and can take pics!

Last edited:

liong71er

hey,.. i know these store, it's on route 18.
i shop here last year (couple of times) cool shop n goodies.:)

Top Bottom