Finally brought it home

walter

Fourth Party
Well, after several weeks of planning, some phone calls and emails, some minor adjustments and some shop visits, I brought home 1 of 2 of my new babies today. I started out with a regular Cannondale F29, and made the following changes before it left the shop

easton carbon bars and seat post
xt crankset and cassette
avid juicy carbons, 185 up front, 160 in the back
cannondale si stem
ergon grips
a rampage in the front, an ignitor in the back
and shimano 540's

really excited to finally get it home, unfortunately with a busy weekend and norms Noreaster 07 on the way, my first real ride may have to wait a bit.

Fun times at Halters today, everyone was in a chipper mood, there was some gentleman telling some jokes, I think J made everyone in the shop take it for a ride. Scalpel6 made a guest appearance, took the new 29er for a ride, he seemed to like it, next time we are out Bill, you're more than welcome to try it on the trails. More than happy with the new bike, I go back on Monday to pick up my roadie, which I am also looking forward to. Since I was in the spending mood I also picked up a pair of those Lake winter shoes, no more cold feet.

Of course, a HUGE thanks to J and his staff for the advice and patience, answering calls and emails, letting me hang around while at work just to look and kill some time, and the laughs and good times that come with buying a new bike, thank you very much.

2 things to remember for the next time you try to buy alot of stuff on your debit card
1. make sure it is not expired
2. make sure you notify the bank prior to a large purchase so that they can remove the large spending block that you asked them to install in the first place

anyway, thanks again to Jdog, I will try to post a pic for you all soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sweet deal man. I know it's odd to pick out this detail but I'm interested to hear how you like the ergon grips.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Cool!

Saw it when I was loitering at the bike shop on Monday. You're gonna have crazy fun on that bike. Sweet parts selection, and a really nice addition to your Mary. It'll be great to go back & forth and have different kinds of rides.

We won't even go into what will happen once you see what road riding can do for you, particularly on the kind of rocketship you're getting.

walter

Fourth Party
Saw it when I was loitering at the bike shop on Monday. You're gonna have crazy fun on that bike. Sweet parts selection, and a really nice addition to your Mary. It'll be great to go back & forth and have different kinds of rides.

We won't even go into what will happen once you see what road riding can do for you, particularly on the kind of rocketship you're getting.

Thanks, I was torn for awhile between getting a fully or the 29er, but for where I ride 95% percent of the time, this thing is going to be sweet. Scalpel6 was saying the same thing today, about how much more road riding improves your mountain riding. Actually, everyone I have spoken to has said that, so we shall see.

Hey norm, I got the ergons without the barends, the nice fluffy ones, I'll report back after I get some good time in on them.

scalpel6

Sweet Ride

Very nice Walter :getsome: I think the group would enjoy a photo.
The 29er looks and feels fast. I took it for ride in front of the shop and wanted to keep going.

Enjoy Walt

walter

Fourth Party
I thought you were NOT supposed to encorage an addict? :)

Maybe we just need to ride together so i can test yours out for a few miles...hmmm finding solutions already. What a support group

Sounds good, the day I got it about 4 people rode it at the shop before I got it out of there.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This was a fun little project that should make Walter smile big time.

Enjoy enjoy!

j:)

Top Bottom