Filed under idiot...

solorider

Parked at 99 Old Mountain Road and did the old no warm-up, straight into Eagle Trail (Red). Downed Trees galore and obviously zero trail maintenance. Flirted with White and Fire Road and then took the power lines back to the car. I would suggest NOT starting your ride at this entrance, very difficult, impassable trees.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm surprised you can even follow that trail anymore. A few years ago it was clearly left for dead. I'm pretty sure you could build a house back there and nobody would notice.

solorider

Red Trail.

yeah it was pretty brutal. Definitely going to start at the main park entrance next go around, or at least pick up the white and avoid the red at all costs...

solorider

Rv

yes. what a brutal uphill to start and at the base of the eagle trail that runs along the reservoir about a dozen fallen trees. Don't think i took in the proper RV experience, looking forward to round two... Probably going to replace the Kenda Small Block 8's and give it another go....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes. what a brutal uphill to start and at the base of the eagle trail that runs along the reservoir about a dozen fallen trees. Don't think i took in the proper RV experience, looking forward to round two... Probably going to replace the Kenda Small Block 8's and give it another go....

You just need to find the better way up. The "better way" is still hike-a-bike but you can ride to the base, start riding up it, then walk the rest. Once at the top you just drop right down to the Eagle Trail sign, and go from there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions