Ferber Circle Heads Up

Mildly Wild

Parked at circle at top of Cherry Ridge Rd Sunday. After riding for 2 hrs, I came back to find very polite note on my windshield. It stated: (paraphrased) Dear Hikers and Bikers, please drive slow when entering and exiting. Many of the locals are walkers and dog walkers and want to feel safe on this road. Thank you in advance for your consideration and have a great day in the woods.

huffster

Yeah, that was posted on a tree at the bottom of the hill that I saw sometime in the past too. Apparently some people are driving too quickly on the road in.

Let's just all be real mellow as that entry point is access to some really great trails.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Absolutely! I always drive slow through that area. Gotta respect the neighbors and their neighborhood. Ditto for Ryerson school area in Ringwood, Tourne, etc. Same thing with blaring music ...

Kaleidopete

Absolutely! I always drive slow through that area. Gotta respect the neighbors and their neighborhood. Ditto for Ryerson school area in Ringwood, Tourne, etc. Same thing with blaring music ...
Same here, drive slow. I've even seen the people in the last house outside and give 'em a friendly wave and they have returned the wave.

trekfan

eh..

ordinarily i'd wholeheartedly agree with everything said here. the thing is, on two separate occasions i've had someone (an older woman) at around the midpoint of the road scream wildly at me to slow down as i was going 15 mph. now, i'm not sure what the limit is on that road, but 15 mph is pretty damn reasonable to me. i could get out and push the car quicker if i had to slow down any more

i get the distinct impression they'd rather not have ANY cars on their "private" road and conveniently use speeding as an excuse to act out. are there people who speed? sure. but they seem to be fairly militant regardless of speed

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions