• Board Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deal with the wet ass and tootsies like a man

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
All of this wet weather is increasing my want for fenders for my road bikes. It would be nice to have them work on both my OCR and shogun but the shogun would be my "rain bike". Should I go for:

Full fenders

SKS RaceBlades

Board style (SKS X-Blade)

I have the SKS ones for the mtb and like the front but aint too fond of the rear one.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
a seatpost rack works well enough for me out back, and allows me to carry extra clothes/food/whatever. i really like one of those downtube mounted fenders up front to keep my torso and face clean. i probably wont need em again till may though, as everything up here is frozen and will be that way till then.

BiknBen

If you have a bad weather bike, I would suggest full-fenders. Most fenders will keep the spray off of the riders. The benefit of full fenders is that the water and road grime is kept close to the tires and runs down the fenders to the ground. The rider plus bike and drivetrain are better protected.

Race blades and other partial fenders are a good alternative for a frame that doesn't have eyelets for mounting or for easy on/off temporary use. They do varying jobs at keeping the rider dry but the bike still gets trashed.

I have the medium width Planet Bike Freddy fenders. They work on my cross bike when running road or CX tires.

If mountain biking, I'd just go with the clip-on type fenders. One on the down-tube one clipped to the seat post. MTBs get dirty. It's inevitable. If I needed more fender than that on a MTB, I probably shouldn't be riding it in the woods.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
a seatpost rack works well enough for me out back, and allows me to carry extra clothes/food/whatever. i really like one of those downtube mounted fenders up front to keep my torso and face clean. i probably wont need em again till may though, as everything up here is frozen and will be that way till then.

Welcome back former pro-poster!

ArmyOfNone

Damnit Kev! I keep forgetting to get these when Im in the shop. I have no way to mount fenders on any of my rides so it will be the Race Blades for me.

Top Bottom