Feb 28th - Fat Fondo and Poker Rally

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I spoke to the organizer and confirmed that the demos will be for a lap or so. If you intend to ride multiple laps for a better hand you may not be able to do it all via demo rides. Either way, 4hrs of fat fun and prizes.

ccbrendan

Shop: Cycle Craft
Shop Keep
Fat Demos at Fat Fondo

Hi Y'all!
We are working on figuring out a reservation system for the demos that will be available. It probably won't be possible to get a loaner for the full 4 hour event but we are trying to get as many people on bikes as possible.
Also, we are adding another component to the event for the real hammer heads - In addition to the poker rally, we will offer a pure endurance class-Most laps in a 4 hour period.
Brendan

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
IN for the fat-tastic fun! I look forward to meeting you Brendan and hanging with lots of MTBNJ peeps!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I plan to be there, just have to sort out the calendar. May bring a bud from LI. With all this snow, should be a great time and of course a good cause.

Very fitting that Brendan is putting this on. He's one of the original NJ fatbikers...had a purple Pugs if I recall correctly.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Bump. I need a fatty to beg/borrow/steal btw, want to ride the whole 4 hrs!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Deal. You may have to human gear it doe!

Can I give you a ring around noon tomorrow btw? Meeting with players we last discussed is happening.

It's got a girly 32x18 on it at the moment, I can swap it if it's too tall.

Ring me, this is awesomeness.

thegock

Is the registration area/start/finish in the Parking Lot at McCaffrey Lane in Boonton Township?

Sandman98

2nd question if you guys dont mind. Can someone give me the address or gps link. Ive never been there thanks in advance

KenS

JORBA.ORG
It's got a girly 32x18 on it at the moment, I can swap it if it's too tall.

Ring me, this is awesomeness.

Good seeing you yesterday and I'm definitely coming up to ride the fondo, thx for the loaner. The gearing should be perfect.

ccbrendan

Shop: Cycle Craft
Shop Keep
Parking and Reg

Hi Y'all!
The event is based in the Ball Field parking area in the Center of the park. You need to enter the park from McCaffery rd and drive to the center. Go slow!
The speed limit in the park is 20mph and the county would love to give you a ticket! Registration is open at 8:00am. Endurance Challenge and Poker run both start at 9:00am and continue through 1:00pm. I would like to point out that the Tourne is a fairly small park and there are likely to be other users out. These events are NOT races. Following IMBA trail etiquette rules is essential and yielding the trail is not going to cost you anything but failure to yield could cost us everything. If you have any other questions or concerns shoot me an email. brendan@cyclecraft.com
Thanks!
Brendan

Top Bottom