Favorite Places to Ride

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Not sure if this has ever been a topic here before, but just curious ...

What is your favorite ride(s)/trail(s)? Can be anything - from a local ride you've done a million times to a once-in-a-lifetime ride somewhere completely exotic.

I'll kick it off:

DuPont Forest, Asheville, NC: only did it once, but I still remember almost every detail of that day - the most perfect trail system I've ever been on.

Blue Marsh Lake, Bernville, PA: my enduro training grounds -- I've ridden about 9 or 10 hundred milers there and I've never gotten sick of it.

Sedona AZ: It's impossible to pick one ride out there because so many link together that unless you live there, breaking apart any single ride into sets of trails is pointless. I don't know how anyone who lives out there can get anythign done with all they have just out their front doors.

Honorable mention: Wissahickon (home field!), Middle Run (made for SS) and Sangre de Cristo mountains, Santa Fe (would have been in the top three if my weak ass had been able to handle the altitude better. Not the Dale Ball system -- the one that actually starts near the top of the mountains and flows in and around the ranches up that way.) Almost forgot!! Nine Mile Forest in Wisconsin ... best cycling memory of my life was the 24 Hours of Nine Mile in 2009.

Destinations yet to be achieved: North Umpqua in Oregon, Maah Daah Hey in ND, Kingdom Trails in VT.

So what are yours?

Last edited:

fstrike

For a destination nothing can compare to the area of whistler. As for a one day trip phils world in cortez co is alsome. Also mack ridge in fruita co.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
White Clay and Raystown > *

I could ride those networks over and over and never be sick of them.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sedona AZ: It's impossible to pick one ride out there because so many link together that unless you live there, breaking apart any single ride into sets of trails is pointless. I don't know how anyone who lives out there can get anythign done with all they have just out their front doors.

+1 on Sedona- difficult to have a favorite, although Templeton makes a fine argument. I'm there in February- already counting the days.

Also among the tops is Tahoe Rim Trail from Mt Rose, paired with the Flume trail. Some crazy great flow on the TRT, crazy great scenery on the Flume.

soulchild

Chimney Rock and 6 Mile Run are my local go to's... out of state is a close toss up between Wissahickon, Stewart, and White Clay...

Mare

on a per acre basis you cant beat Clayton.

Funny you reply to his post with one about Clayton. Chainsaw LOVES Clayton!

My favs: Millstone Quarry (VT), a bunch of trails around Stowe and Waterbury, and locally I like quite a bit:Hartshorne, Round Valley, Allaire, Clayton, Jungle, Blue Marsh, Blue Mountain...all are awesome as long as I don't ride the same place every single day.

Love Mahlon; it's dry when everywhere else is wet. Lumpy Bumpy. My new fav is Tranquility Gate; Cardiac to Rollie Pollie then down Candyass. Candyass :getsome:

rlb

I was thinking of starting this thread but for NJ only trails. Maybe people can give their NJ favorite and out of state favorite and why.

I love Allamuchy/Deer Park/Stephens because of the sheer volume of trail and varying terrain. It never gets old and you can link up endless rides. It's quiet and serene and a large piece of beautiful land in the middle of endless suburban sprawl. Also on any given day you can ride without bumping into another person. It's a cool place for sure!

Dr Superb

I like every / any trail. They are all unique and have their own 'experience'...its all what i'm in the mood for that day.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
My favorite place to eat is McDonalds and the hotdog guy off the turnpike exit by me.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is something about Ringwood/Ramapo. If these trails were chic's I'd think they be fine.

Top Bottom