Favicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For those of you who know what a favicon is and want to become immortal in the lore of MTBNJ, here's an opportunity for you. I've tooled around with this a few times but nothing comes up worth much of anything. It bugs the hell out of me that we don't have a favicon for the site. If anyone wants to give a shot at designing one, post it up here and I'll throw it up and we'll see how it looks.

BiknBen

For those of you who know what a favicon is and want to become immortal in the lore of MTBNJ, here's an opportunity for you. I've tooled around with this a few times but nothing comes up worth much of anything. It bugs the hell out of me that we don't have a favicon for the site. If anyone wants to give a shot at designing one, post it up here and I'll throw it up and we'll see how it looks.

Are you just looking for someone to create the icon image or is there more code related to it that also has to be done?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All we need is the 16x16 icon. Then you just drop it in to the public_html folder as favicon.png (or whatever) and the browser does the rest.

Chris - poetry is always welcomed, and encouraged. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
I know I am beating this one to death but my vote goes for this one:

Attachments

• bib_short_TM.jpg
    bib_short_TM.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 18

kush

few

here are a few quick ones, not going for style points or anything.

bik1favicon.ico

bike1favicon.ico

favicon.ico

The last one is from this jpeg...unfortunately the details are lost in the little icon :)

PS, you can download the ico files here, they don't attach to the message as a file type.
http://i-cantor.com/bik1favicon.ico
http://i-cantor.com/bike1favicon.ico
http://i-cantor.com/favicon.ico

Attachments

• mtb_.jpg
    mtb_.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool - but I was looking for MTBNJ specific. Buuuut, not as specific as Steve in the bibs.

kush

Cool - but I was looking for MTBNJ specific. Buuuut, not as specific as Steve in the bibs.

what like something like this (although in 16x16 its not possible to make out the "mtbnj.com")

Attachments

• mtbnj.jpg
    mtbnj.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, more along those lines. The 2 main colors plus a state would be perfect.

kush

with a little more work its possible, but later on (or irish guy if you are an illustrator pro ... I'm more adept with ready made artwork and PS)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We may have the eps file with the lettering on a different layer at the house somewhere. If so that would be pretty easy. When my wife gets home I'll have her take a look.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
skip the text, it's too small. you can only do one or two letters. and less is more in the favicon world. mine rules.
i would do a blue square with orange state or just the lowercase m in the colors.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Justin is right, which is what I was getting at. Just 2 primary colors and a state. It's 16 pixels, not much real estate to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom