Father's Day Sunday Trim Session at 6 Mile - Help Needed

ekuhn

1655215836253.png

6 Mile has creeped up on being over grown. @jdog and @Fire Lord Jim have been out with the mower but some added assistance is needed. Looking to see if anyone is available Sunday 6/19/22 for a few hour TM session. I know its Father's Day - bring your kids to help get the low stuff! Supposed to be a relatively cool sub 80* day.

Early Start. 7AM in Jacques Lane Lot - figure out and on your way home by 11 if not earlier. Will split off to different lots/teams following meet up. Some with hand tools can ride out to locations. Some can park and walk in. Poison Ivy is unavoidable at 6 Mile, plan on long pants and a long sleeve tee.

I have some of the JORBA equipment. Looking to see if anyone has battery hedge trimmers and/or even hand shears and pruners (can be purchased at Home Depot see below)

Hit me up with a PM and your Cell # if you're available and what you can offer. Will update additional details as we get closer to the end of the week.

Any and all help is appreciated! Many Hands Make Light Work!

1655215524931.png

1655216231503.png

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I haven’t had a chance to get out yet this year with the trimmer. I’ll head out early morning tomorrow and tear some stuff up.

ekuhn

I can help in the afternoon but not morning due to bike ride with family.
I wont be there that long, but looking to focus on the Canal side. If you have a set of pruners/shears hack back any of the face slappers and thorn bushes well off the trail. Be careful of poison ivy. You can definitely ride from spot to spot.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Met-up with Ed this morning. He was prepared with the power tools.
We trimmed from the blackwells mills (anal) bridge to the boardwalk. About 1.5 miles.

This makes faster work of everything.

1655651053893.png

Followed by this badassery

1655651150653.png

More than capable of taking out the multi flora rose 6' off the trail.
Then I had to move the stuff off the trail after cutting it, cause @stb222

Look at these PI vines!

1655651259694.png

Let's go!

FED54367-05A5-4BFB-AF35-14EB68E111E1.jpeg

Also had a @DennisG spotting.

I haven't been doing any trimming @6MR the last couple years.
We need a multi-person approach with some specific tasks.

The hanging/dead grape vines need to go.
The deadfall right next to the trail has to go.
There are some hangers/leaners that should be cleared.
Probably better done in the winter, without all the overgrowth.

There are some mud pockets that should be filled. They are in some odd places,,,
so hand filling is probably the only way. (and figure out why they are there.)

Solid start to Father's Day.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions