Father's Day: Allamuchy, 9:30

Shaggz

A strong 7
Post up if you are coming. Scott is leading the ride, so it will be a good one!

517 entrance:
Rt 80 west to exit 19. Right at the stop sign. About a mile or so look for a small sign on your right that says "Farm Road Crossing". It's opposite "Tranquility Farm Lane" on the left. If you see a fruit/vegetable stand on your right you've gone too far. Make this right and follow the dirt road to the end.

S

Stan LeCupp

I'll be there for this one.Hopefully the heat will hold off for the morning at least.See you there.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
okay okay, I'll be there! LOL :D

Sick ride today fellas! 12.1 of the hardest miles I have ever pedaled. I'll post the gps images in a few.

EDIT: BTW 184.4lbs before the ride and 183.4lbs after.

-jay

S

Stan LeCupp

Was fun riding with you guys, tough riding in the heat but worth it.

ytc100

Wow, what a fun/tough ride. Great loop and great riding even with the heat.
Nice job fellas!

Laura T

I must have passed you guys up on top of the mountain. Me: riding a red Specialized. You guys: Taking a break up on the big rocks up at the top (?) of the mountain. I also parked on Rt 517, and was surprised at the number of vehicles with bike racks on the back. Usually that spot is empty. (I started riding at 10 am).

Which way did you start out going? Up to the White Dot trail first? Or onto the Red trail up to the Purple (i.e. "Cardio") trail and up from there? (Next time: Check out the new rock bridge on the Purple Trail bypass.)

I saw the GPS data, but I cannot tell from that which direction you guys went.

Laura
Hope, NJ

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Laura T said:
I must have passed you guys up on top of the mountain. Me: riding a red Specialized. You guys: Taking a break up on the big rocks up at the top (?) of the mountain. I also parked on Rt 517, and was surprised at the number of vehicles with bike racks on the back. Usually that spot is empty. (I started riding at 10 am).

Which way did you start out going? Up to the White Dot trail first? Or onto the Red trail up to the Purple (i.e. "Cardio") trail and up from there? (Next time: Check out the new rock bridge on the Purple Trail bypass.)

I saw the GPS data, but I cannot tell from that which direction you guys went.

Laura
Hope, NJ

Yup, that was us! Since I don't know all the trail markings and names, the best directions I can give are that we started on the light blue trail and basically followed each colored path till it transitions into a new color. I hope that made sense.

-jay

Laura T

I got in 18 miles today before my camelback sucked dry. Luckily I was at the *top* of the Purple trail when that happened, and it was only a very short trip down that same spectacular downhill (including the rock bridge, then the super-fast red single track all the way down) that you guys did. I had climbed up that same way earlier that morning. I'll surely keep an eye on this forum for future rides at Allamuchy... that Rt 517 parking spot is only about 15 minutes from my house.

Laura

Shaggz

A strong 7
WOW - what a GREAT ride!!! and I have a souvenier to boot -a welt the size of a golf ball on my knee from when I smacked the bar. It's a good thing we did not break for too long at any point after that, because I could barely bend my knee after the car ride home. That truly was one of the toughest rides, between the heat, rocks and climbs. but that single track at the end was oh-so-sweet.

Laura - hop in next time, we may smell, but we don't bite!

ytc100

Hey smarenick speak for yourself - I don't smell but I do bite. :)

Seriously though, we welcome all riders. For us it's all about fun.

Laura - you've only been riding since last year?? 18 miles in Allamuchy for your second season of riding is pretty advanced.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
does anyone know the name of the recovery drink alan mentioned? i usually drink beer after a hard ride, but all that does is make me sleepy and render me useless.

Shaggz

A strong 7
thanks alan! i will pick this up on the way home from work tonight. do you use this for recovery only, or also as supplemental/pre-ride?

S

Stan LeCupp

There was a Allen on the ride?He must have been fast cause I didn't see him.:p

Shaggz

A strong 7
was he an allen wrench? sorry - my brain is still tapioca from the heat - :eek:

Thanks for the info. It seems like i will need any advantage to ride with you guys!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
guess you guys had a great ride...sorry i missed it. i'll be at the next one fo' sho. my goal is to keep up...hopefully between the road riding and the swimming i'll be able to keep my lungs in my chest. when's the next mtbnj group ride? where are the membership cards and stickers damnit! :D

Top Bottom