Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

Leftymuk

Trying out the 29+ craze..........
2252A2AE-CD3E-40EC-B9F4-DBA046059F31.jpeg
1733E084-C0B5-4E56-949D-0FB17EC74B07.jpeg

FitmanNJ

Curious...I was browsing the Moots website recently (nice bikes!) and I thought I remembered them saying that they had a straight headtube on their fatbike. But that looks like a Bluto on the bike? Am I wrong about the headtube, or does the Bluto come in a non-tapered version? Great looking bike (I assume that’s titanium)!

mtnbiker5

The Bluto is in fact my fork The seat post is layback seapost. All titanium, frame, seatpost. Other than no suspension in rear it’s all butter...

serviceguy

Curious...I was browsing the Moots website recently (nice bikes!) and I thought I remembered them saying that they had a straight headtube on their fatbike. But that looks like a Bluto on the bike? Am I wrong about the headtube, or does the Bluto come in a non-tapered version? Great looking bike (I assume that’s titanium)!
A straight oversized head tube can accept a tapered fork with an external lower headset (i.e. the Salsa El Mariachi can be setup with a ZS44/28.6 upper and EC44/40 lower to work with a 1 1/8-1 1/2 tapered fork)

Last edited:

serviceguy

Now you know why I've been riding mine even with the other hardware sitting around.

Funny think is that this is 'almost' my lightest bike...28 lbs with the rack, pretty much the same as the El Mariachi.

It does not come even close to the FS in the rough DH though, I am still a little hesitant to come down Warm Puppy...we'll see. I do enjoy the short late afternoon rides (I have to be WFH until 6pm, it sucks), I maybe going back out later.

Top Bottom