Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Global Fat Bike Day. In NJ, @jimvreeland has been organizing a yearly event on that day (this year falls on 12/3/2022). There are others as well in the state/country/planet but Jim's has been officially recognized by the U.N. as the most relevant...

https://fat-bike.com/2022/10/global...sand-and-twenty-two-or-thereabouts-worldwide/
Jim Mcabe leads the ride here in the southern part of the state out of Brendan T Byrne and I believe that the Pugsley in the banner that your link referenced is indeed his. Cept Mcabe took the gears off and uses a ss...

THATmanMANNY

Short 6 mile test. Great for one hour or so rides out the door. Anything else may be too much. I think it’s like low 40s #. Hop in both wheels. Maybe the tube, maybe the beads bet set right. The Nuvinci 360 rear hub has enough range for the 6mile punches. Coolest is the gear selector indicator.
B0761EDB-1447-452D-8B97-45663744F0E1.jpeg
C25D055C-CF26-42FB-A479-DE49FB9FCA64.jpeg

Ejd

Short 6 mile test. Great for one hour or so rides out the door. Anything else may be too much. I think it’s like low 40s #. Hop in both wheels. Maybe the tube, maybe the beads bet set right. The Nuvinci 360 rear hub has enough range for the 6mile punches. Coolest is the gear selector indicator.
View attachment 199879
View attachment 199872
Went to 6 miles this morning. Fat bikes for the win!

qclabrat

View attachment 199879
View attachment 199872
Interesting on the Nuvinci, was that stock? Have the same on a commuter and agree 6mr may be the most to push that one. Though with the infinity gearing feels weird on short climbs without a clear gear jump

THATmanMANNY

@qclabrat stock. One ride and I got the feeling down

Mongoose dolomite ALX? Pretty legit for entry money

Love my salsa bucksaw. There is one for sale on FB in slicklerville, medium, $1,800. Not sure of condition and did not inquire.

Last edited:

one piece crank

Finally got a good ride in on Saturday. Overall I am really happy with the Otso. Between the new frame and the Eagle gearing, I was able to power right up a few V-notches that I straight-up walk on my other bikes. When I got home I flipped the stem, threw on my favorite bars, and tweaked all the lever locations. Now I just need a long grind to make sure everything is set.

F7D5A761-CC55-4EE3-9BEF-822D6516F4AA.jpeg

CBC527B6-4DF3-47DA-9A67-E32F09127D67.jpeg

Top Bottom