Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

I'm running Bud/Lous this winter. Any reason to flip the rear tire?

Leo, what's the big deal in flipping the tire?
No big deal, just what the manufacturer says. Ironically, I had to force myself to flip the front tire and fight my OCD...now I taking the heat for doing it! This is the writing on the drive side of the rear tire (unanimously considered correctly installed)..,
DAC7EBED-251C-43E0-9ACB-FAE8B77D8CE3.jpeg

No big deal, just what the manufacturer says. Ironically, I had to force myself to flip the front tire and fight my OCD...now I taking the heat for doing it! This is the writing on the drive side of the rear tire (unanimously considered correctly installed)..,
View attachment 113288
I followed that with my Dilly 5's. So that's not good unless it's on snow??? Works great on loose sand dunes btw...

I can't tell the front one, but the back seems to be installed the opposite way than mine (and yours)...BTW, I don't race, I'm more like a poser...on a different note, isn't he done with Salsa?

The rear is opposite of mine currently. The tire is better the same as the front around here, but in real snow conditions, backwards.

Did you weigh your wheels with tires, discs and cassette? Trying to establish what is a reasonable weight for 4.8 wheels as a benchmark.

No, I will once I get a chance to get in the garage. They're not going to be light though, rims are DT-Swiss Aluminium, the cassette is a XT CS-M8000 11T-46T and the tires 45NRTH Husker Du 4.8".

No, I will once I get a chance to get in the garage. They're not going to be light though, rims are DT-Swiss Aluminium, the cassette is a XT CS-M8000 11T-46T and the tires 45NRTH Husker Du 4.8".
Mine are trending around 15#, just no clue what's reasonable nowadays for people not named Jim

Back
Top Bottom