Fat on the beach

ebineezer

image.jpeg

krink

Eddie Munster
What pressure are you guys running on the beach? I see a huge difference on my 3.8"s btw 4 and 7 psi. Im 195 lbs (at least before christmas I was).

krink

Eddie Munster
Depends on the sand. Keep letting air out until it works :)
Damn. I was hoping for a magic number. I’m amazed how I can be going 11 mph one day and crushing the pedals and redlining at 5 mph on the same appearing sand depending on the day.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Damn. I was hoping for a magic number. I’m amazed how I can be going 11 mph one day and crushing the pedals and redlining at 5 mph on the same appearing sand depending on the day.

The Magic number changes every time, just like snow. Some days I can run 10psi and others it might be 2 or 3. When the tide is low you can run higher psi because you can ride further down on the packed sand. High Tide you'll be in the soft stuff and riding LOW psi. Cold days, high...hot days, soft...etc...I run a Lezyne XL pump so I can adjust accordingly.

krink

Eddie Munster
The Magic number changes every time, just like snow. Some days I can run 10psi and others it might be 2 or 3. When the tide is low you can run higher psi because you can ride further down on the packed sand. High Tide you'll be in the soft stuff and riding LOW psi. Cold days, high...hot days, soft...etc...I run a Lezyne XL pump so I can adjust accordingly.
How long does it take you usually to dial it in? Done in the first mile, or adjusting through the ride with changing conditions?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
How long does it take you usually to dial it in? Done in the first mile, or adjusting through the ride with changing conditions?

Depends on what's going on. If I'm doing road and beach, I'll adjust once on the beach, and pump back up for the road. Snow is a whole other thing entirely, I'm all over the place, hence the good pump.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Looks like beach to me. If you maintain the same pressure regularly, does the ride difficulty change much from day to day if you’re away from the surf zone?
Hmm. I only ride this on the beach at low tide. The ride does get harder the dryer the sand.

Top Bottom