Fat Hub Rotor Spacing ?

one piece crank

What are the chances my Specialized Stout hubs will have the same rotor spacing, relative to calipers, as my I9 hubs? I upgraded the brakes this Summer with the I9 wheelset, and would like to set up my Specialized wheels with new rotors and with the goal I can simply swap wheels without caliper adjustments.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There are .5mm shims available to place behind the rotors to match them up.

Last edited:

serviceguy

The spacing should be the same within the same standard (170, 177, 190 or 197) with small differences taken care by setting the caliper when you swap the wheel set in (loosen caliper bolts, pull brake lever fully, tighten caliper bolts while pulling the brake lever fully). I do it every time I swap a wheel set for another, quick enough and takes care of any minor disc rubbing, granted the discs are true.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
What are the chances my Specialized Stout hubs will have the same rotor spacing, relative to calipers, as my I9 hubs? I upgraded the brakes this Summer with the I9 wheelset, and would like to set up my Specialized wheels with new rotors and with the goal I can simply swap wheels without caliper adjustments.
What @serviceguy said. It’s supposed to be a standard hub spacing throughout the range 170-197 but it may be a bit off. Adjust the rear caliper to eliminate rub, and don’t over tighten the bolts.

Top Bottom