Fat Bike race in NJ?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A show of hands who would attend. It could be possible but not without a target number. Also could be before the New Year like 12/30/2012. This could mean snow racing. If there is ice then we would have 2 lakes to use also. Format suggestions though you will not get 4+hrs or 40 miles that I can guarantee. If there is a chance the numbers are there this could also turn into a 3 (jan & feb) race series. Oh and if this does happen someone needs to lend me a fatty :D.

All this is hypothetical of course but hey you never know...

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
A show of hands who would attend. It could be possible but not without a target number. Also could be before the New Year like 12/30/2012. This could mean snow racing. If there is ice then we would have 2 lakes to use also. Format suggestions though you will not get 4+hrs or 40 miles that I can guarantee. If there is a chance the numbers are there this could also turn into a 3 (jan & feb) race series. Oh and if this does happen someone needs to lend me a fatty :D.

I would love to see some fat bike races but I'm waaaaaaaaay too slow to race myself.

Sevenz

For a decent length race...10+ would definitely be in from Long Island...Love the series idea...We could probably host one of the races as part of the series out here on the island...Many possible locations out here

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We'd be good for 8-10 from HGC as well.

Jdog, SmooveP, TJ-7, Jason, maybe a guy or 3 from MTBR? I'd recon 30 people wouldn't be a bad guesstimate. There aren't any Fat Bike events on the east coast so people would travel for the right event.

-Jim.

tj-7

i'm in but i am nowhere a pro like the awesome guys from HGC....but i will always give a go at it....plus being from Canada....Snow will go....

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bighit and sevenz you guys been around this a while what would be your guess if outer states like Pa Ct upstate NY and such would come. How much fat is surrounding us. I have an idea I am cooking.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Key question: How long does the race need to be to draw people from, let's say Long Island?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Key question: How long does the race need to be to draw people from, let's say Long Island?

They're all coming from LI to do 3 laps of the Horseshoe Scramble, so anything over 25 minutes should be fine :D

-Jim.

Sevenz

They're all coming from LI to do 3 laps of the Horseshoe Scramble, so anything over 25 minutes should be fine :D

-Jim.

Good question...I will pose the question to the LI specific boards and FB pages and see what others have to say...but for me and a few other diehards any length race will do :getsome:

bighit

Bighit and sevenz you guys been around this a while what would be your guess if outer states like Pa Ct upstate NY and such would come. How much fat is surrounding us. I have an idea I am cooking.

fat bikers will travel for the event. It ain't about the race, it's about the adventure.

AirNiner

Awesome to see some movement of the fatty front. Definately up for the adventure!

20 miles + would be nice but will travel for any length.

Top Bottom