Famous People You've Met or Seen

Zaskar

Chatted with Jerry Springer at Stan's Bowling alley before a Yankee playoff game. Nice guy and knew baseball.
Met Carl Banks at hole in the wall cigar bar in Edgewater. Walked in to see if they had bathroom my son could use. Nice guy.
Went to high school with Jay (JJ) Mohr. meh.
Drank a few beers with Warren Haynes and Allen Woody outside of Wetlands after a show.

Kaleidopete

Fishbone. I didn't know much about them other than they were freaking awesome to see live at Lollapalooza..
Fishbone! Back when I used to video tape bands, I was hired to film Adrenalin OD at City Gardens. They suggested I film Fishbone too.
So I asked Fishbone if it was OK and Fish said sure, no problem. I did film them and part way through I was assaulted by their crew for filming them.
I said I really don't give a shit about the band and this was just for fun, so I hit rewind and showed them I was overwriting it. Afterwards I was backstage with Fish and he asked how the filming came out. When I told him what happened he said, oh well, I guess my manager knows what's best.

rick81721

Lothar
Politics - saw Henry Kissinger walking down Park Ave in NYC probably 15 years ago. And in the early 90s I saw the great Donald J. Trump at the east side heliport in NYC, he was waiting for his black chopper with the giant gold TRUMP letters on it and we were waiting for our corporate chopper ride back to Piscataway.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last week I was ordering a sandwich at Quickcheck, I looked to my left and Governer Chris Christie was ordering a sandwich at the kiosk, literally 2 feet away from me. That was a bit bizarre and unexpected. Oh and he's got a big fuckin head.

I almost ran over Mike Gordon (Bassist from Phish) when he darted out in front of my car. He apologized to me profusely.

Met Jay Kay (singer of Jamiroquai) in AC. He was hanging at the bar and no one recognized except for me.

Met Steven Segal In Vegas at the SHOT show. He came by my booth to check out the wares. He also has a big fuckin head.

Was walking down (I think it was Pine Street) In Philly back in college and saw Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson standing on the sidewalk with a film crew. They were filming the movie "Unbreakable"

Saw Samuel L Jackson a few years later on the street at Sundance Film Festival

Was Hanging out at The Khyber in Philly one night back in the college days and Dave Atell walked in, filming Insomniac. He then went out back and smoked a joint with some of my classmates.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Bruce Springsteen. At his mother's bday party years ago in freehold.

George Thorogood, at a dive in Delaware in the 70's.

Probably saw a bunch more, but I'm terrible at faces.

Oh, I once talked to a little cutie country western singer who's married to a football player. it was jessie james decker.

Kaleidopete

So there I was at the Horrorthon back in the 90's, waiting on line to see/chat with Zacherly.
Right behind me on line is Johnny Ramone, also waiting. As I was next to see Zac, I asked Johnny to take a photo of me with Zac.
His comment was "I don't do that". Ha! well fuck you, movie star attitude! The security guy overheard and said he'd do it.

zac.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Sports - me and a guy from work flew to Chicago for a confection show. As we board the plane, we see Michael Strahan in first class. I'm an eagles fan so I don't care but my colleague is a huge giants fan so he stops and says, "Hey champ, how's it going?" Strahan is reading and doesn't even look up, he just waves him away and says , "keep moving". It was great. Then at the show we see Jerry Rice hawking some power bar type products. I think I have a pic with him somewhere.

The Squirrel

I've met my fair share, but one that sticks with me is Judas Priest (maybe this should have gone in my blog) and Eddie Kramer. It was during the early prep for the subliminal message trial. Priest, Kramer, a bunch of lawyers and managers and me. It was very interesting listening to the masters. The conversations were mint as well.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can't even begin.
My uncle was cue card for johnny Carson and jay Leno. So list is long.
Coolest moments were my daughters jumping up and down on lenos couch with their cousin during warm ups. I made it in a skit. Got to tour lenos garage (warehouse). Of course my X has all the pics from that era.

And I worked at ABC in NYC so I could go on forever. My old old flip phone had a ton of pics. I could go on who was cool (tony Danza -Bob Woodford-Diane Swayer ) and who is a complete dbag (Katie Couric -Dr Oz)

When I was a teen me and buddy were hitch hiking to the Delaware national park and got picked up by Lou Reed as he was a local also. Hung and smoked weed with him. It's still my favorite celeb experience.

Kaleidopete

I can't even begin.
My uncle was cue card for johnny Carson and jay Leno. So list is long.
Coolest moments were my daughters jumping up and down on lenos couch with their cousin during warm ups. I made it in a skit. Got to tour lenos garage (warehouse). Of course my X has all the pics from that era.

And I worked at ABC in NYC so I could go on forever. My old old flip phone had a ton of pics. I could go on who was cool (tony Danza -Bob Woodford-Diane Swayer ) and who is a complete dbag (Katie Couric -Dr Oz)

When I was a teen me and buddy were hitch hiking to the Delaware national park and got picked up by Lou Reed as he was a local also. Hung and smoked weed with him. It's still my favorite celeb experience.
Amazing!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Being in the city is great for seeing the famous. Got a bunch over the years, John Malkovich and Quentin Tarantino stand out. Oh yeah, Joe Torre and lots of other sports types.

My most recent big exposure was getting an invite to Kid Kangol's birthday party (UTFO). His kid is in school with a friend's daughter.
Met the Sugar Hill Gang, urrrybody from that era was there. I was completely star struck, went mute and took zero pictures.
#failatfamous

ekuhn

Gave a pound to Redman and Method Man back stage when they played at Rutgers, got a pic with Chuck Zito in Vegas 2 years ago, met Joey Hamilton of Ink Master fame in Las Vegas Airport, local Rutgers celebs like Kyle Flood, Eric LeGrand, Ray Rice pre knockout. Pics are somewhere.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
In the early 90's I worked in SoHo (485 Broadway to be exact). It was (probably still is) an super eclectic neighborhood. It's got the foodies on West Broadway. Little Italy by Grand and Lafayette. The Villiage is a five minute walk North and the outskirts of Chinatown south of Canal. These enclaves attract bohemian spirits.

So... The list;

The regulars were....

Geoffrey Holder
image.jpeg

Willem Dafoe
image.jpeg

Danny Aiello
image.jpeg

Bjork
image.jpeg

Winona Ryder
image.jpeg

Robert De Niro
image.jpeg

Cindy Crawford (Ford Agency was in the area)
image.jpeg

The scene where Mel Gibson's character in "Ransom" decides to not pay the ransom and go on the offensive was filmed across the street ( Corner of Broadway and Broome). It was a very unproductive couple of days...seeng that the window of the area I worked in was right there.

Met OJ in Laguardia (before... You know), James Earl Jones, Larry Holms and Geraldo Rivera (individually) in Newark.

Don't know if this counts but.. in the 80's while working as a security guard, Robert Goulet's wife pinched my a$$ while he was performing at of all places Brighton Beach Baths. @Mitch will know where/what that was. Oh, I met him too.

But of all the people I've met, the most memorable was Dennis Weaver. Being a 8 year old boy who religiously watched McCloud and all..... Having him mess with my cowboy hat while on a studio tour at Universal was friggen Awsome!

Oh yeah, two years ago I met Danny Trejo and Adam West. They were at a convention in the same hotel our swim team stayed at for Sunkissed Nationals in Charlotte NC. My wife and I spent a good 15 min just talking to Mr. West. ..... She was a little afraid of Trejo doe.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
More it occurs to me with current times I did get a hand shake and a thank you from our POTUS when working on his Wall Street property circa 1994. Two days later was the nude streak of some girls college frat annual prank :)

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't know if this counts but.. in the 80's while working as a security guard, Robert Goulet's wife pinched my a$$ while he was performing at of all places Brighton Beach Baths. @Mitch will know where/what that was. Oh, I met him too.
Hahaha. My wife grew up on Brighton 6th st. 2 blocks from the Baths. I was a membet thete too for 2 years . So you mught have met me then too, when i had hair

Top Bottom