Family Guy/Gal Ride 1: Ringwood 7/5

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
was iffy, now it's solid...

i'm not going to be able to make this one - not because of spouse things - but for the reason of puke-avoidance. momma clarkenstein and i are leaving the baby with grandma and grandpa on the 4th to go to a party in jersey city. mommy and daddy plan on having their first post-birth-alcohol-induced headaches on the 5th.

i'll definitely be making the trip up north for some of these casual rides soon tho.

J

joanqs

im going to make this one, although i am def. not usually an early rider. hope to see you all there.

VGT

GPS Coordinates?

Anybody have the GPS coordinates of School Parking / or directions? I usually go into Ringwood via main entrance and park in Lot C. I am not sure where the parking spot is for this ride. Weird, because I ride ringwood every weekend and don't know where this school lot is I always hear about.....I know I have seen the school from the trail along the fence a million times...just not sure how to get there.

VGT

P.S. I saw a big bear in that area / school house trail last weekend. And several times last fall on the trail....luckily running in the opposite direction I was riding in.

Molasses

If it continues to rain through the night...

are we on or do we just move this to Sunday morning?

Also is the start time 7:45AM?

I'm good for Sat or Sun so I look forward to seeing everyone!

Glancing Aft

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting sooner. I'm still on for tomorrow morning providing the rain has past. If not let's push it to sunday.

Glancing Aft

Still On*

*my best weather guestamit is that we're about to get a small shower here but than after that we're going to be rain free for 4 hours +/-

Glancing Aft

Yes, I, alyssa, and Shaggz will still be there. I think we have enough time before the rain really starts to hit to get a ride in.

Glancing Aft

Hey everyone, thanks for coming out even with the questionable weather and the bad hang overs. I had a great time and it was good to meet some of you. I hope these north jersey group rides can keep on coming.

Here's the gps log from todays ride,
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6166587

And some pics, sorry the bridge ones didn't come out great, point and shoot cameras suck.
IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

Molasses

That looked like alot of fun...

I assumed the school we were meeting at was the one right before you turn onto the road for Ringwood. I am so sorry I was a no show and I hope I didn't hold you up. I ended up parking at Lot C, hooked up with 4 guys and got a ride in...

I was really looking forward to today's ride and will do my best to make the next one. I hope to hit Ringwood tomorrow if anyone is interested...

Shaggz

A strong 7
Today was a lot of fun :D. It was really great to meet some more of the MTBNJ crew. Traction was at a premium today, but this Ringwood bares no resemblance to the endless fire roads I remember getting lost on years ago. I have a bruise on y right knee which conspicuously resembles one of those round headset bolts :hmmm:.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Oh boy , I've had one of those before. I could read Salsa in it.

Great to hear it was a good ride. We would have liked to come along but had family stuff this weekend. Great pictures too!:)

MTB Aussie

Today was a lot of fun :D. It was really great to meet some more of the MTBNJ crew. Traction was at a premium today, but this Ringwood bares no resemblance to the endless fire roads I remember getting lost on years ago. I have a bruise on y right knee which conspicuously resembles one of those round headset bolts :hmmm:.
I have a bruise on my right hip that suspiciously looks like one of those rocks by one of those bridges :hmmm:

Still it was a lot of fun and I think I managed to sweat out a liter (that's just over a quart for you Americans) worth of alcohol. I look forward to the next one.

Top Bottom