Family Guy/Gal Ride 1: Ringwood 7/5

Are you serious?? 500-700 bears in the area? I thought we were talking like 10 bears or less total. I'll calm down about the bears and forget they live there.

Yes there are. The bear population actually exceeds the human population in the area....

Anyway, Back on topic.

I hope people can make it out for this, it should be a fun ride!!!

to contribute to the bear factoid....
I've also been riding Ringwood for a long time and never seen a bear in the trails, however I did see one at the school parking lot about 4 yrs ago.

I'll try to make it on the 5th for a quickie.

I should edit my comment above....I saw 3 bears today @ Ringwood. A Mom & 2 Cubs, right by the Black Bear Trail (school house trail?)....I guess that is why its named that way :rolleyes: (that is the trail that goes along the school's gate towards lot c, correct?)

So bring your bear spray next Saturday ;)

I should edit my comment above....I saw 3 bears today @ Ringwood. A Mom & 2 Cubs, right by the Black Bear Trail (school house trail?)....I guess that is why its named that way :rolleyes: (that is the trail that goes along the school's gate towards lot c, correct?)

I wonder if there was a third cub that you didn't see? We saw a Mommy with very young triplets yesterday. Who knows, maybe there are 5 cubs in the area, and my Bear Population Distribution Map isn't so far off ;)

i too am attempting to get a permission slip signed for this ride. I am not too far and should be a good time. Bears, just be faster than the slowest person. Which if we see bear, will not be me.

coming n'late but no slow poke here

:)Alright I dont wanna sound the alarm is anyone cool with riding late w/ me (doesn't mean the whole group ). meet at the same place but @9:45am instead . thanks
:(<I got OT work at my park>.. let me know on this thread peace

start time later ??

I don't wont stump on anyone parade.. doesn't anyone wanna start at 9:45am instead same place, all I gotta do put on my mtb shoes and Im off ... It doesn't have to be everyone peace (the reason I got OT work at my park)
really would like to meet everyone afterwards peace

Someone please come up with a better title for this series :rolleyes:

Date: July 5th
Time: 8:00AM
Place: Ringwood
Pace: Social/Casual
Distance: 10 +/- miles
Host: Will/Glancing Aft

Thanks to Will for stepping up to the plate on this one. This is a ride to clear the cobwebs out from the July 4th Festivities. Just to remind everyone, the intent of this ride "series" can be found here. GA will fill us in on the details.

You guys are mean. I'm bringing my bear spray and reviewing my bear safety tips.
Don't worry, I'll make sure Will drinks too much on the 4th and he will be dragging (or leading from the back) so he can fend off the bears.

I believe I am in, but only if someone else joins us for the firecracker night ride on the 3rd. Firecracker.

I think I can make it on the 5th....

It would be a real pleasure to meet some of you as 99% of my riding is solo. I am up in Wykoff, staying at my in-laws, and when I stay up here I usually just hit the race course due to family commitments and time constraints. My only "rate-limiting factor" is the fact any riding I figured I could fit this in weekend would be limited to 90 minutes so I only have two water bottles and the neccesities in a seatbag- for this type of ride I would be heading out with a little more stock and I left my Camelback home but I guess that just adds to the adventure!

Anyone mind too much if a slow, fat guy on a hardtail tags along?

Back
Top Bottom