Fallgirl's weekend romp ...

F

FallGirl1430

Yesterday I went to LM, careful people, the county's were doing a seat beat check and radar in the park. I'm sure I will get heat for saying this but, after racing at Tymor, LM is a big yawn. It's easy, as Jim V would put it ... "a dirt crit". No I won't win my class next Sunday but for me it's boring to ride there. Some of the root sections are fun and the long climb at the beginning, but the rest ... :sleep:
This afternoon after Tommy had got off work, we drove south to Stewart. Weather was perfect and a few new single track sections cut most likely by Mike from Darkhorse were great. The bad news ... some guy on a motorcycle (enduro, figures) chewed up quite a few of the trails. There are some pretty deep ruts now, I'm not sure if bikes are allowed to ride in Stewart but something needs to be done about this. Tommy and I did see his truck parked in the rear section near the homes.
Tomorrow we are going to either 909 or Blue Mtn.
Everyone have a wonderful holiday,
Christina ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
LM is a big yawn. It's easy, as Jim V would put it ... "a dirt crit". No I won't win my class next Sunday but for me it's boring to ride there. Some of the root sections are fun and the long climb at the beginning, but the rest ... :sleep:

Lewis Morris is a dirt-crit for sure, but Ellen is right, it's still a VERY challenging race. All those little climbs and powering out of corners get into your legs quick, and it's way too easy to empty the tank pretty early in. I was there Sunday and Monday, 1 thing I learned about Lewis Morris is, the faster you go, the funner it is:D

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The second half of this course is fun as hell if you blast through it.

F

fighting_40

Fallgirl, you are from my hometown. Do I know you?
Larry
Class of ..gulp... 87

F

FallGirl1430

Fallgirl, you are from my hometown. Do I know you?
Larry
Class of ..gulp... 87

Hi Larry,

I just moved here 2 years ago and I really don't spend much time here at all. I'm usually in upstate NY with Tommy. Road riding in this part of the state really stinks and can be quite dangerous. It's a good thing we have a few excellent XC parks to ride at such as Chimeny Rock.

F

FallGirl1430

I need to say sorry for saying Lewis Morris was easy and boring to ride at. Last Saturday when I had rode there I was alone, riding a mountain bike alone, for me, is boring. When it comes to riding I have trouble knowing where I'm at and what trails to ride on. So I kept crossing over the same trails and got mad :mad2: I am also having trouble since moving up from the 35+ beginner class to Sport. I only raced 1/2 the season last year and following the rules of H2H I moved up. Instead of racing for a podium finish, I'm hoping just to finish. There are some really cool sections at LM and as Jim V said, the climbs can be tough if you go to hard early in the race. I also feel that 21 miles is alot for a female sport race. Last year in the beginner race we raced 7 miles, but it will be good for those of us who will be racing the nationals later in July at Mount Snow Vermon.

rocknrollgirl

I am glad to hear you say that. I like it there. Yes, I know, it is not super technical, but we went with a group two weeks ago and had a blast. It was fast and flowy and fun.

I agree that 21 miles is a lot to bite off. It has kept me from this race for the past two years. It is a big jump from the usual sport distance.

Well, we all all suffer together. Finish with Dignity, that is going to be my battle cry for the day!

Here is hoping that we all have fun...don't forget the fun!

NJ Jess

miles

I don't know if the mileage is accurate. One of my teammates did 2 laps of the race course,...gps said 5.3 miles for each loop. strange.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I think it was 8 last year. Maybe 7.5?

Like Norm said, 2nd half is better than the first, though the first has a few little gems here and there.

Just spent an hour taking the Reba's travel down for these upcoming easier races. Can't decide between 80 and 100mm. Haven't ridden 80 since the headshok days.

Pre-riding Saturday and either Wed or Fri morn.

rocknrollgirl

Well, 7.5 or 8 is not making us feel better cuz three laps of that is MORE than 21 miles, so that does not help me....

I like the 5.3, so I am gonna go with that one....

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
You are not alone. We all struggle at times. That is part of racing and getting better. Dreading the extra lap is probably more of a mental thing. Maybe think of it as getting more for your money instead of extra torture. Yes, it may not be one of the more technically challenging courses, but it is a good race to play around with pacing yourself and testing your endurance. It also gets the highest numbers of beginners, so it's good to have a beginner friendly course on the calendar to draw out new beginners to replace all of the riders moving up to sport.:)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pixy is right, this place is all about pacing. I ride here all the time and still have problems pacing myself here.

The course is right around 6, maybe a hair under. It's the same course as last year which they claim is 7 but is only 6 with high heels.

Top Bottom