Fallgirl's weekend romp ...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'll probably be there Friday morning also. Let me know time & lot if you want some company.

sounds good kirt. if friday's looking good i'll shoot you a line. i'll wear my khakis. :D

The course is right around 6, maybe a hair under. It's the same course as last year which they claim is 7 but is only 6 with high heels.

My beginner time last year was fast (for me back then) at 38 min, so you could be right. The published distance was def. longer. I remember Waway being the shortest written distance at 6.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My beginner time last year was fast (for me back then) at 38 min, so you could be right. The published distance was def. longer. I remember Waway being the shortest written distance at 6.

They publish it at 7, but it's not. Last year my cyclometer (sorry I have a tough time saying bike computer) said 18.3 or so for the 3 laps. But I' never recalibrate after I swap tires. This year the GPS said 11.75 for 2 laps, but IME the GPS rounds a little bit so safe to say 12 is accurate enough for 2 laps.

NJ Jess

Just remember

One thing, once the climb is over,...let go of the brakes. Speed and momentum is your friend.

F

FallGirl1430

The course is right around 6, maybe a hair under. It's the same course as last year which they claim is 7

Whew! now it's ONLY 18 miles, I feel so much better.
In the newly formed NY State MTB series ALL of the 5 sport races are 18 @*#*& ing miles. If anyone has ever raced at Plattekil in Roxbury, NY that race too is 18 miles. That is the toughest race I have ever done. They had better start my race early in the morning so I don't run outta day light :mad2: :drooling:

Christy ... :)

NJ Jess

Too much

Christina, you are way too hard on yourself. You are a much better rider than you give yourself credit for. What you lack is pacing. You start off waaaaaay too fast. If ever a person should train with a HR monitor,..its you. Your desire to pedal faster limits your Focus on pacing, knowing your Ins and your Outs. PS. No dairy on race day. If you feel you need caffeine,..drink ice cold black coffee 30 minutes prior to the race. But be well hydrated before the race. Remember,...you are getting more fit with each race! see you there

Top Bottom