Fall Mountain Bike Jamboree @ Fair Hill Nov 4th

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Check out this place if you get a chance. It is perfect on a SS bike. A really good time and well worth the drive.

Fall Mountain Bike Jamboree

The Delaware Trailspinners mountain bike club is proud to sponsor our 2nd Annual Fall Mountain Bike Jamboree, a gathering to celebrate mountain biking in the Mid-Atlantic region. We would like to invite all mountain bikers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and adjacent areas to join us for a group ride and cook-out at Fair Hill Natural Resources Management Area near Newark, Delaware. So mark your calendars now for Sunday, November 4, at Fair Hill. Tentative plans are to begin around 10 AM and finish up around 3-4 PM in the afternoon. We'll send out more details later about the location, ride and activities. In case of rain, we'll bump the ride back a week to Sunday, November 11.
Mountain bikers of all ages, genders and skill levels are welcome. There should be lots of rides with different speeds and distances, so we should have something for everyone. Those of you who have participated in the Fair Hill Classic Race held every July know the Fair Hill trails well. Over a hundred miles of fun on well-maintained singletrack! Let's get together to share our enthusiasm for the sport and willingness to support each other in responsible mountain biking and trail tewardship in the Mid-Atlantic area.

Please share this message to other bikers, clubs and websites who may be interested in participating in the Jamboree. I would appreciate it too if you would send me a note indicating that you and friends or members of your club are planning to attend.

Stay tuned for more updates by checking the Trailspinners list serve on Yahoogroups and the Delaware Trailspinners official website at If you have any questions or suggestions, contact the Jamboree Organizer directly.

Thanks to all for your support and participation in the Jamboree. See
you at Fair Hill in November. Don't forget that November 4 is the day
to "fall back" to regular time.

http://www.trailspinners.org/ For directions

Last edited:

BiknBen

Check out this place if you get a chance. It is perfect on a SS bike. A really good time and well worth the drive.

In case of rain, we'll bump the ride back a week to Sunday, November 11

I leave for vacation that day (Nov 4th). I'll be hoping for rain.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'll be in Augusta, jumping off of a perfectly good bike and running like a fool over barriers.

Tonebuckets

woohoo!!

I should be able to make it, won't be on a SS though. ;) Actually Pure Foods/Halter's will be represented well. See you all there and bring your f$#@*% legs!! :getsome: lol

ArmyOfNone

A very very good event put on today. There was a very well marked 15 mile loop with the option for more. Hit most of the same stuff from the last few times with some new fun flowy single track mixed in.

The post ride festivities were just as good. There was a "slow" bike race, which i lost in the second heat to the eventual winner....he stole my line and i tried to take him out in defense.

There was also a huffy bike toss. I came in second. Losing to larry the christ puncher.

Free food which was also delicious followed. Fun Fun Fun.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
he stole my line and i tried to take him out in defense.

There was also a huffy bike toss. I came in second. Losing to larry the christ puncher.

Free food which was also delicious followed. Fun Fun Fun.

new jersey represent!! :getsome: :D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I love that place.

There must have been 200 29er SS bikes here today.

This place was made for SSing.

I rode well considering how little I have been on the bike. I missed a killer day of Surf too. Perhaps a bit of swell will be left in the AM.

j-

C.Puncher

only hard-wood in the morning bro........

I used the 1-2-3 swing method to take first place in the bike toss.......
Chris Christ puncher 2 took 1 st place in the slow race...N.J. rocked the house.

f2f4

I ended up screwing up the release and throwing it straight down into the dirt. Haha.

Awesome event; I slept like a rock afterwards.

Tonebuckets

I did an olympic hammer throw that sent me spinning out of control and on my ass. lol I don't what went further me or the bike. They should've measured my distance from the line instead of the huffy. lol

Yes, a great ride and a great event. My scalpel was one of the only geared bikes there. :) I now see why it's so hard to get this group up to Blue Mt. or places like that. The 29er SS's are made for this area.

I was also really impressed with our group of riders. Everyone showed good fitness and were just good all around riders. Chris put on a show at the end by jumping a ten foot gap. Dude's got great bike skills.

Good things.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Awesome event and nice to see the Halters/6Mile crew again. NJ swept the huffy toss, Mort from my group took 3rd, I got 4th (Story of my life, just missed the spotlight =p)

The trails were awesome. We hooked up with Bill, a local, who took us on a nice death march off the marked loop. We hit some amazing singletrack, names that stood out in my mind were Skip Trail (ss'rs usually skip it, I was happy to be 32X21 on my 29 SS), Jersey Turnpike, Drunken Sailor, Disneyland and lots more I forgot. We stopped to session a fun (yet fairly easy) log ride and took in some awesome scenery and landscapes.

The ride home entailed pints, wings and hummus at the pub on U Delaware campus, a 79 mile detour to seek out baby jeebus, car bombs and the eagles game in a pennsylvanian pub, someone in my group putting the moves on 3 nice elderly women in a strip mall parking lot and almost succeeding, and a nice tour of the friendliest part of camden.

Overall an awesome Sunday. I am uploading some huffy toss shots now, fred you are going to love the shot I got of you.

Top Bottom