Fair Hills Classic 7/13/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Anyone going down to do the Fair Hills race this weekend, or is everyone going to Windham? I have off on Sunday so it's Fair Hills for me. Here's a link with some info.

www.trailspinners.org

I'd be interested in carpooling as well.

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Hmm does look interesting..
Any idea what the course is like?.

I'm not 100% sure of the course, most of it I've never ridden. The course from earlier in the year was super-fast and flowy, so I'd imagine it's similar. I like the 1 lap idea, pretty cool. There's also a map on the site.

-Jim.

PS-Freddy, wanna carpool son?

N

Neen

I was there Friday and followed the course about 80% of the way I think. Fast and flowy is a good description.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I may head down there too. I still have to get the go ahead from the wife. Also pulled something in my back so I hope it feels better within the next few days.

Neen Or Jim. Is the course flat or is there some climbing?

ArmyOfNone

Pretty flat for the most part. There CAN be a few fireroad climbs, but I dont know if they are in the course. The race course from earlier this year had not so much elevation change.

ArmyOfNone

Just a thought...

The race is one big lap. No feeds. I will be attaching my other water bottle cage.

Oreo

I should be in for this one, my teamate and partner in crime cracked his rib so I have room for 1 rider and a bike. One big lap sounds good, wanna check it out. :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
We leave for Florida the next day at the crack of dawn, but I'm considering attending this one anyway.

Gotta sort out some logistics and we'll see. How long in the car from Central NJ are we talking?

Last edited:
N

Neen

From Bridgewater (Chimney Rock) it took me right around 2 hours. Maybe 2:10.

Steve Vai

Does anyone know if you need to bring your MASS number plate if you're not competing in the series?

-Jim.

BiknBen

I think so.

I forgot mine for the Neshaminy race. I played dumb at the reg table and figured they'd just give another one. Once I gave them my name they looked on a sheet and found my number. They gave me a new plate and wrote the number on it with marker. They did not charge me.

I'd bring the one you have.

Top Bottom