Facebook?

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I notice there is still the "Myspace" listing on the public user profiles. Why not have one for Facebook as well? With Facebook growing in size, I think it's fair to replace Myspace with Facebook.

Just a thought, any other opinions?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would agree. MySpace is dead, Facebook will overtake it in short order.

But I have no idea how easy/hard it is.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh yeah! We're cool.

You can't look at the people's profiles though unless you're in their network. So I can link to my profile but it won't do any good unless you accept them.

My username is Norm Zurawski.

BiknBen

I have a Facebook account. I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about. I equate it to Classmates.com on steroids. I find all the Applications to be dumb. the fact that people spend money to poke and send others virtual gifts just boggles my mind. Some of the Group names are really funny. For Example, "Those that wish to hit slow walkers in the back of the head".

A girl that committed suicide at my high school has a Facebook account. I thought that was a little freaky. :eek:

Username = Ben Tufford. Feel free to befriend me but let me know who you are.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
People *pay* for this?

I'm on Facebook for 1 reason. A friend of mine got a job there so I told him I would give it the old college try. It seems to have potential but in the end, it's not very good at what it could do. Personally I think it would be cool if people kept tabs on what they are reading, or listening to, or something like that. But those are applications and I find them lacking.

So it comes down to me occasionally sending a picture from my mobile phone or updating my status. One guy I know did a fantasy football team that I'm playing just to try it. But in a few months from now I'll be surprised if I still pay attention to it.

walter

Fourth Party
Agreed, I get these people sending me crap, I click on it and I have to go through like 3 steps to get over it. I dont even know if Im doing stuff right.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I get requests to be "friends" on FB with former high school classmates who I didn't like 15 years ago -- not sure why I'd want to be "friends" with them now.
The one thing that's nice -- once you limit your "friends" to your actual friends, you can read down a list and see what all your buds are up to. Otherwise it's F'in useless. As Panhead says -- we're on "the idiot box."

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's not very intuitive. My buddy who works for them says they know they have these issues and they're working on correcting them but I'm not sure they're correcting fast enough. I used to design Application UIs and I'm not a big fan (nor a giant air conditioner). Another friend of ours, who is in web design, said the same thing about the look & feel and usability.

walter

Fourth Party
But in a few months from now I'll be surprised if I still pay attention to it.

My wife set me up with a Myspace back when I first got hurt to help me pass some time. I was into it for about the first month. Now I only check in when someone messages me or something.

Probably going to be the same with the Facebook stuff. She set that up for me as well. I check it probably every other day but I'm sure that I will bump it off shortly.

BiknBen

People *pay* for this?

I'm on Facebook for 1 reason...

I'm on it cause my wife wouldn't shut up about it. She tells me that you get a couple free things that you can send to others. After that, you are prompted to provide a CC# and pay for further crap. I've received flowers, drinks, and a Can of WhoopASS.

I almost fell back in my seat when I found that there was a Group for NASA SpaceCamp attendees. I went in '86. :hysterica Oh Yeah, I was a Dork!

BiknBen

Jake made a comment on my Wall today. I'm cool! :cool:

A guy I was friends with in grade school but hated in HS has claimed me as a friend 3 times. I keep ignoring him but he persists. Now I know what all the ladies feel like at a bar when I try to make conversation.

Funny: ChrisG is not on FB but we have all befriended his wife. :hmmm:

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A guy I was friends with in grade school but hated in HS has claimed me as a friend 3 times. I keep ignoring him but he persists. Now I know what all the ladies feel like at a bar when I try to make conversation.

You can accept the guy then immediately delete him. That's what I did with some random guy who was pestering me.

The groups are 100% useless. Though I hold an official title in the Vernon Training Club...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
My sister got me into this. I didn't paid attention to begin with but then I found it useful to keep track of what my old buds and family are doing back in M-E-X.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
office_space_fuckin_a.jpg

That was fast!!

I got a new friend!!! :rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm like lightning. Plus I know your real name. Search for yourself, and check out the image of the first guy with your name:

s1343859004_8011.jpg

Top Bottom