Facebook?

rlb

I was going to create a useless group for mtbnj, but then I lost my motivation to do it right after I logged in. Instead I made this useless post.

sixseven

I signed up for Facebook after the urging of a friend, next day the stalkers came out. Why would someone 'poke' me after I haven't returned 30 of their phone calls? People will collect anything that's made easier to collect.

Myspace just looks totally juvenile, it's actually so poorly set up that I think it hurts people that may actually have some talent.

I am 41, antisocial, pessimistic and enjoy my privacy. Getting older and caring less for the rest of the world except in places where I can make a difference in the lives of others.

My space is a real place, and it's actually mine.
Facebook is a catalog of the past for the rest of the world to shop in from the safety of a couch making connections in a world that is falling apart.
I do like it here though. ;)

Last edited:

Stocky

I just joined Facebook about 4 months ago. I had never done the MySpace thing.
It has served it's purpose, In August the summer camp I went to 25 years ago had a reunion and Facebook is how we all connected. I'm now on Facebook multiple times a day. I sort of equate it to texting instead of actually making a phone call.
I haven't had a single problem with stalkers etc...

All of the virtual sending stuff is a bit juvinille ,but then again so is the internet. You don't have to pay for anything, it's your choice. You can send free "pokes" or "flairs" or whatever ya want.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to create a useless group for mtbnj, but then I lost my motivation to do it right after I logged in. Instead I made this useless post.

It already exists - someone else created it. Nothing happens on it.

Glancing Aft

It's so funny how trendy the online networking sites are. I really don’t understand the need for jumping around from sight to sight. It started in '01 with friendster, then friendster got too big because so many bros where joining it and all the hipsters jumped over to myspace. Then myspace turned into this huge mainstream phenomena and everyone turned to Facebook.... Now, do we really need three accounts displaying the same thing to the same "friends"? But I'm just as caught up in it as everyone else. I'd message some of you on facebook, but I'm too busy trying to figure out what will be the next hip networking site.

THATmanMANNY

You pay if you're dumb. There are plenty of free applications.

I am very anti-facebook. Sometimes, I will even deactivate it. I don't have apps and I don't have shit all over my profile. Just plain ol simple. I mostly just use it to post pics and keep in touch with people that are hard to get in touch with. The way I see it, social networking is a fad. It will fade unless if it's informative and productive (like mtbnj or at least think it's informative haha) and it's just way too impersonal for me.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Suck Face

I added a "Facebook" field in the User Control Panel.

User CP > Edit Profile > enter the FB URL in the appropriate filed at the bottom of the page > Save Changes

D

DANSPANK

I got a facebook account to find old chums back in the UK. I found loads so it was good for that.

The first girl I got rude with found me on it. Now she's perstering me. Not good.

Top Bottom