f@#%

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
J,
Seems kind of lame that they would do it without consulting.:getsome:

Tim

but if it was the park, they ultimately have the final say, wether we like it or not...this kind of stuff happens with different user groups. I am sure the j's do all they can to avoid stuff like this....

Wobbegong

I'm not sure it was the park staff. I'll see if I can get some answers.

FYI, the park asked us to add log features to the trails.

I personally like the idea of occasional huge log piles with options around for hikers/horses as compared to 20 little log crossings.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but if it was the park, they ultimately have the final say, wether we like it or not...this kind of stuff happens with different user groups. I am sure the j's do all they can to avoid stuff like this....

If there really were 28 logs in a mile, they may have walked it for the first time and thought, "Ok this is too f'ing much."

You're right, it's ultimately their park.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I personally like the idea of occasional huge log piles with options around for hikers/horses as compared to 20 little log crossings.

i agree - the big ones are cooler than the small flow stoppers - there are a couple large log piles when leaving from the canal side, kinda before you come to the second bench - they are a pretty good size, smoothed a bit with dirt - real fun to roll over and grab a little momentum to roll a bit down the grade into the denser woods - those feel like they are well built.

Wobbegong

I have a message in with the park staff to see if it was their work or an unauthorized person.

As Jdog said, some work is still needed in that section.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode this morning and made a point to ride this section. Most of the cutting is just trimming along the trail and really isnt bad. The first section from the canal to the boardwalk is ok and minus one or two logs. After you reenter the woods from the field, it is too wide but only up to the first log ride/bench.

After that, it was just logs that were taken out, which didnt really add much to the trail anyways....the biggest one I noticed is the one before the berm.

The flow of this trail is just off though, especially the 2nd half coming from the canal (this is most likely where the 50 people in march became too much). Please note that the one reason I am saying the flow is off on this trail is because the rest of the trails, especially the 27 side, has such crazy good flow that it makes and "ok" trail seem not that good.....

Wobbegong

The flow of this trail is just off though, especially the 2nd half coming from the canal (this is most likely where the 50 people in march became too much). Please note that the one reason I am saying the flow is off on this trail is because the rest of the trails, especially the 27 side, has such crazy good flow that it makes and "ok" trail seem not that good.....

Your right, the second half need some re-routes. Some of the turns are sharp and its hard to carry speed. We plan to fix in the fall, maybe earlier.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to do this with you on one of these days I WFH but jeez dude you're not giving me any chance with a 5:30 roll time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I want to do this with you on one of these days I WFH but jeez dude you're not giving me any chance with a 5:30 roll time.

hmm, we might be able to work something out, the 5:30 roll times won't last much longer as I am not throwing lights on....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions