F. Der Issues

ArmyOfNone

Im having an issue with my F. Der moving to the little ring (yes i know, what do I need that for?) SHHHHHH!

So it will shift on flats or if I get off and crank the pedal over w/ my hand. But when climbing it wont move. Anything quick i can do?

THANKS!

Frank

Sasquatch
Mine did that when I wore the crap out of my middle ring. You might also have a broken or bent tooth somewhere.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
2x9!!

Take the little ring off and throw it in the garbage!! And then lock-out the lower limit screw so you don't accidentally shift to where it used to be!! It's one of the most effective ways to improve your climbing!! Do it, do it do it!!:D

-Jim.

Nimrod

Got alot of slop in the piviots? = That'll do it.

My front derailer has alot of slop in it, but its still working.

Typically mine last 1 to 2 years

How long will my current front last? Stay tuned cause I'm not changing it till it explodes:getsome:

ArmyOfNone

Take the little ring off and throw it in the garbage!! And then lock-out the lower limit screw so you don't accidentally shift to where it used to be!! It's one of the most effective ways to improve your climbing!! Do it, do it do it!!:D

-Jim.

Lucky for me i learned what was good and now i ride a bike with one gear. Bc thats all i need baby! w00t!

P

Phatbiker

Im having an issue with my F. Der moving to the little ring (yes i know, what do I need that for?) SHHHHHH!

So it will shift on flats or if I get off and crank the pedal over w/ my hand. But when climbing it wont move. Anything quick i can do?

THANKS!

it could be a few things..

1. try turning the L screw counter clockwise a turn. if the clamp is already touching the cage then this will not help

2. have you changed the cranks recently? if so, it might be slightly different than what you had. try putting a 1/16 spacer on the drive side of the bottom bracket to bring your cranks out just a hair..

hope this helps.

nelson

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just take it to Halters and be done with it. I had this problem too and it is one of those things that takes some trial and error

Top Bottom