extinct beer?

VanDbtRiver

One of our key ingredients (hops) is becoming less abundant, what does this mean to the future of the sport? Should I bring a bottle of wine to our post ride at the casa de tortilla?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As long as you want to pay for it, it will be available. Hops isn't a cash crop, especially since the GOV is pressing hard for ethanol production (which IMO is a bit silly). So America's love affair with corn goes even more insane because of this. Farmers are simply not producing hops because it doesn't pay as well as corn. Corn. CORN!!!!

A-B, Coors, and Miller will further dominate the market. If you're favorite micro brew was bought out by A-B, then you're insulated, for now.

walter

Fourth Party
Probably not. Pete Coors will be at the head of the table, with an equal amount of people from the Coors and Miller families to his right and left. Its the attempt to over power A-B and the growing popularity of micro brews. The purchase of Blue Moon by Coors was their first attempt to gain some ground, unfortunately they picked an awful tasting beer to purchase.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Way back in college Blue Moon used to be decent. I guess that's no longer the case? Wasn't that the Texas wheat beer?

Fuck A-B, Coors, Miller, Moors, and Moops.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
If one of those pissbeer making fool companies buys (or has already bought) Stone, Ipswich or Dogfish Head would someone please be so kind as to let me know?

Shaggz

A strong 7
would probably be an improvement for stone. bought an expensive 6 of pale ale on friday, and it was anticlimactic, at best...

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Hmmm ok, cant speak for the pale ale, but Stone's IPA owns. Try Ruination IPA if you are into IPA's. Also check out Arrogant Bastard, or Double Bastard if you see it around.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never had a Stone beer I actually like. Now DFH on the other hand...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
beer has been around for thousands of years. beer with hops has only been around about 500. it's only been a regular addition for about 300. there are beers out there with no hops that taste absofriggenlutely deliscious. there will be more of them as the cost for hops goes up. i passed up the yeti yesterday as the price is now about $13 for a 4-pack.

ArmyOfNone

The boys at troegs have done well with their mad elf rendition. So well it was sold out in two liquor stores. Hope they they can stick to their roots. Can we compare such a topic to bands selling out big record labels?

Top Bottom