EWS Adventure 2022

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey all, I'm trying to get some attention from USA cycling over on a facebook post I made. I found out I qualified for the Women's USA Masters team for the Trophy of Nations race in Finale, Italy (part of the Enduro World Series - it's a special race where 3 people from each country are on a team and all 3 people race each stage together). Only USA cycling doesn't support the US teams - it's entirely up to the participants to coordinate themselves and pay their way (I mean, I'd assume Yeti supports Richie, but for a self-supported rider like myself, I was pretty bummed to find out USA cycling doesn't even cover like, registration). Anyways, feel free to drop a comment on the facebook post and tag USA cycling. Perhaps if it gets some traction they'll consider supporting the USA teams in the future.

Is this something you are actually considering going back to Italy for? I guess it needs to be all-or-nothing for the 3 people?

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this something you are actually considering going back to Italy for? I guess it needs to be all-or-nothing for the 3 people?
Well i was considering it for a hot second - I mean, it wouldn't take much to entice me to go race in Italy again. But without support or a guarantee any other team members are going, it's a high % of no-go. If a country doesn't have enough riders for a 3 man team, there is a "solo" race the day before. And if a country has a 'alternate' that isnt' needed (an alternate trains with the team and is available at the race incase someone gets injured before the event) then their entry gets switched to the solo race as well so they can race the day before. I don't even know if that 'solo' trophy of nations race counts towards ranking points or anything. I just started digging into this the other day to be honest.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well i was considering it for a hot second - I mean, it wouldn't take much to entice me to go race in Italy again. But without support or a guarantee any other team members are going, it's a high % of no-go. If a country doesn't have enough riders for a 3 man team, there is a "solo" race the day before. And if a country has a 'alternate' that isnt' needed (an alternate trains with the team and is available at the race incase someone gets injured before the event) then their entry gets switched to the solo race as well so they can race the day before. I don't even know if that 'solo' trophy of nations race counts towards ranking points or anything. I just started digging into this the other day to be honest.

This all sounds very IRS-ish in terms of design. Are you sure this isn't an elaborate trick to get you to pay more taxes?

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This all sounds very IRS-ish in terms of design. Are you sure this isn't an elaborate trick to get you to pay more taxes?
lolol. could be. It's a level of qualifying inside a race series that requires qualifying - not something I thought I would ever be eligible for, to be honest.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Keep in mind that you now have a teammate who is willing and has the means to pretty much travel anywhere and ride. My racing days are over, but I can still shred a hill and provide support if you really needed. (Although my climbing abilites are sub-par.)

Top Bottom