Ewr!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
gggrrrrrr!!!!!! i'm pretty dissappointed i didn't spot them out on the trail on sunday. although it's probably a good thing, as had that happened i would be completely broke.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yes!

Super-cool frames made by someone who is the real deal. Excellent news.

An EWR 29er would be interesting indeed.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
An EWR 29er would be interesting indeed.

Oops, Thylacine beat them to it!

thy-gk-3qtrfront.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wild looking bike. That's an awful lot of cables for what looks like a SS at first glance. Internal gears back there? Why do 3 cables come from the right lever?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That rear hub does look mighty fat, must be internal gears.

I wonder if EWR is going to make trials frames again...now that would be cool.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
That's a Rohloff hub on it.

I thought it was kinda in bad taste for that frame designer Thylacine to so blatantly rip off the signature EWR frame design, but it is nice to look at. I'd love a EWR-made 29er. Solves some significant 29er issues like fork crown clearance and standover without a bunch of curvy tubes...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
That's a Rohloff hub on it.

I thought it was kinda in bad taste for that frame designer Thylacine to so blatantly rip off the signature EWR frame design, but it is nice to look at. I'd love a EWR-made 29er. Solves some significant 29er issues like fork crown clearance and standover without a bunch of curvy tubes...
There was a lengthy thread on this bike on mtbr months ago. The frame design was a specific customer request, and Thylacine was explicit in expressing respect for EWR when the drawings were posted.

walter

Fourth Party
There was a lengthy thread on this bike on mtbr months ago. The frame design was a specific customer request, and Thylacine was explicit in expressing respect for EWR when the drawings were posted.

Props to them

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
I followed that thread, and understand the arguments behind both sides.

However, the bike does look great and I think, to some degree, the interest that generated will push more folks (like me) on to new, geniune EWR frames (if they do indeed bring 29er frames into production).

Maybe they can get even with Thylacine by incorporating some of his "improvements" into their own design. ;)

Top Bottom