Everyone Loves a sale / Drinking

BiknBen

Nice.... I always take heat from the night runners who dont appreciate my light, oh well.

Ah...didn't think of that. I may take the road bike on the roads instead. I'll get there faster but was looking forward to zomming on the path. Either way, Whooop...Whoop!!!!

Tip...To keep the other users happy, cover your light with your hand (partially) as you approach them.

Last edited:

Wobbegong

Ah...didn't think of that. I may take the road bike on the roads instead. I'll get there faster but was looking forward to zomming on the path. Either way, Whooop...Whoop!!!!

Tip...To keep the other users happy, cover your light with your hand (partially) as you approach them.

They could use a few spots in the eyes, its ok, take the path. :) Plus, its safer than solo friday night ride on the roads.

I wear my helmet light, so I usually just look away from them as we pass. Unless they get a little too verbal for my liking, then its the full face stare.

Last edited:

BiknBen

Wobbegong said:
I wear my helmet light, so I usually just look away from them as we pass. Unless they get a little too verbal for my liking, then its the full face stare.

I've never had anyone say anything but have to admit my MUT night-riding experience is pretty limited. I'm surprised to read that there are runners on the Canal path after dark. No where to go if you find yourself facing a bad guy.

When I ran my HID on the road bike, I often had cars high-beaming me. Lately, I've been rolling the road with just a lesser helmet light. If the motorists don't turn their HBs off, I give them the full glory of my light as they drive by. Don't know if it makes a difference but it lights up the inside of their car. ;)

I put the HID mount on the CX bike for tonight. Look for the glow on the western horizon. :rofl:

bobkennelly

I'll be comin down the canal path like a freight train, Whoop Whooooop!!!

How are you gonna carry all your goodies home with the bike?
Dont forget the back pack.(or when I was a kid, knap-sack)..

I would like to be there, I need a bunch of misc. items..

BiknBen

How are you gonna carry all your goodies home with the bike?
Dont forget the back pack.(or when I was a kid, knap-sack)..

I would like to be there, I need a bunch of misc. items..

I'm there so often...I may pick up some toe-warmers that I keep looking each time I'm there. Otherwise, I'm just hangin.

Is it possible to DUI on the canal path? :hmmm:

B

blackflag

Unfortunately I will be in PA Fri Sat Sun and Mon with my GF taking a 4 day weekend together. If there is any petite feminine MTB bikes left over, let me know. Best of luck to the store owner and all of the buyers today. Darn, I could really use a new set of gloves too for the winter season.

BiknBen

i know you cannot get a DUI if you're riding a horse.

You can DUI while riding on the road. But while riding on the toe-path?

Fred??? Pop-quiz!!! Have you been studying the Ociffer's handbook?

Don't worry, I don't intend to test this. :rolleyes:

True story...An old biknben quote, "I didn't mean to red the run light ociffer!"
It became so ingrained in my head that I actually called a cop Ociffer during a traffic stop. Thankfully, I was totally hammered in the passenger seat.

Engignar

MD, Stephen's Deer Park, KVSP and Allamuchy are all w/in 15 mins from my house. I'd have to be drunk or stupid to drive any farther than that to ride my bike :D

So that explains why you come to Ramapo to ride on Tuesday nights...

The final piece of the puzzle.

Top Bottom